DVI -> VGA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVI -> VGA

Since I am moving my "toyputer" from under the drivers seat to under the spare wheel in the boot I was wondering since the docking station has a DVI connector would it be better to run a DVI cable from the boot to under the drivers seat then convert the DVI to VGA, then split the VGA signal and send VGA cables to each monitor (as I have a multi-monitor system).

Would this be better to avoid interference? as the DVI signal is digital, whilst VGA is analogue.
    Fox Mulder
    2004 Toyota MR2
    Modified Intel Xeon E5450 3Ghz Quad Core 2GB RAM 160GB SSD M4ATX Xenarc 700TSV TS Toslink Audio BU353 DiNovo Mini Car2PC ODBII Bluetooth HF 16x2 Character LCD

Just the dvi signal is not converted into vga, it is just that the analog vga signals are transmported alongside the digital dvi signals that allows you to use a simple adaptor to change dvi to vga.
    Pinout:

Pin 8 = Analog Vertical Sync
    C1 = Analog Red
    C2 = Analog Green
    C3 = Analog Blue
    C4 = Analog Horizontal Sync
    C5 = Analog Ground

So now I am going to purchase a long shielded vga cable!
    Fox Mulder
    2004 Toyota MR2
    Modified Intel Xeon E5450 3Ghz Quad Core 2GB RAM 160GB SSD M4ATX Xenarc 700TSV TS Toslink Audio BU353 DiNovo Mini Car2PC ODBII Bluetooth HF 16x2 Character LCD

Comment

Cold...Burrrrr

It is getting closer to winter (21 deg Fahrenheit averages) and I had a question for those that have been through a winter with their carPC already. The components of the carPC will get very cold, so how do you let them warm up to operating temperature? Isn't it bad for them to pass through a due point temperature? Won’t the sweat start to merge circuits and cook things?
      Today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if maybe, there really is something wrong with me.

Comment

Working...
      X