No announcement yet.

Overheating Lilliput?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheating Lilliput?

I recently bought a lilliput monitor to use with my laptop in my car. Most of the trips I take are in town and only around 15 minutes long, so it took me awhile to notice this problem. On my longer trips after about half an hour or so the screen just turns to a sort of olive drab color and starts flashing a weird pattern. I thought at first it was because of my power inverter, but on my trip to Baltimore I took today it acted up again running off of the 110 volt power inverter so I hooked it up to a 12 volt source using the egg cord that came with the screen. Even after letting the screen cool down for a few minutes it still was displaying the olive drab color. I tried doing a search on the forum but I couldn't find anybody else having this problem. To be safe I have tried the screen in my house hooked up to my desktop computer and the same thing happens after about half an hour. If anybody has any ideas of how to fix it I would be much appreciative, but I have a feeling that I just got a bum screen. Thanks for any help you can give me!

Buy Sell or Trade
    If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
    Thank you
    Rate Mp3car @

Just a quick follow up: After testing the screen a few more times I found that it would shut off after exactly half an hour on a VGA source, but nothing would happen after hours on a RCA source. I talked with Nat from this site and he allowed me to trade in the dead Lilli and get the Xenarc 700TSV. So far it seems like a much more solid unit and I haven't had any problems at all. I have to say it was worth the extra $140, and now I'm not worried about the screen blowing up if I have to take it out of the case to install it. So unless you want to take a try and be one of the very few Lilliput owners that end up not having any problems, you are probably better off getting the Xenarc from the beginning.

These screens are so damn random.....mine was installed in the dash where the ac vents were before. I didn't block off the airflow on those vents and it's almost winter time here and I never had a problem with the screen working with the heat hitting it from behind. I have noticed that the screen has started to feel warm to the touch lately though, but I just assumed it was the backlight?