Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading to a Xenarc.. Help me feel good about it..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to a Xenarc.. Help me feel good about it..

Ok.. I've had my Lilli for a little over 2 months and it's starting to act up.. I contacted Ziplock and he's allowing me to upgrade to a Xenarc for the price difference..

What I want from anyone are some comments to make me feel good about actually shelling out another $140 so bucks... My wife is already not so happy about it so please... Make me feel at ease... Tell me the Xenarc is going to be SOO Much better for me...
    Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Originally posted by tbird2340
    Ok.. I've had my Lilli for a little over 2 months and it's starting to act up..
    You answered your own question.

Comment

You've made a wise choice. The peace of mind is worth it. Especially if you plan to mold the display into your car.
      My Install Thread
      digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
      How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

$140 bucks? The wife could buy a new shoe for that!!
        Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

havent had a single problem with my Xenarc - and its been transplanted into 2 cars
          Car: 2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
          Carputer 2.0: removed. Back to stock.

Comment

Well are they better (besides the PROBLEMS). IE: Brightness, glare factor, etc.

Comment

Xenarc tech support is AWESOME! It's cool that they're still relatively small. When I called just to ask about some new feature. I spoke directly to one of their engineers. The guy took the time explain their upcoming products, why certain features can't be added to existing products, etc.

Also, they have a very quick turnaround for RMA's. They replaced my LCD with not trouble when I noticed that it was a tad bit brighter in the lower right hand corner.

-HD

Comment

Originally posted by tbird2340
                Well are they better (besides the PROBLEMS). IE: Brightness, glare factor, etc.
                how about just cause you don't want anymore screen issues that you've been experiencing
                http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/170000-170999/170063_221.jpg

Comment

Xenarc sounds less feminine then lilliput.
                  StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
                  Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
                  The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

please define "act up"...

Comment

Act Up adjective - Say I'm in FrodoPlayer and I go to touch the "next" arrow.. It goes no where near it. Then I'll try and hit menu or something and it won't be anywhere near it again..

The one time I was hitting all the way over by the clock in the systray and it was clicking on an icon right above the start menu.

I can recalibrate and hit all 25 points dead on.. It will then work for about 10-15 minutes and then get jacked up again.

I reinstalled drivers numerous times and recalibrated numerous times. It will work for about 5-10 minutes and then go whacko...

Comment

Well, I have a Lilliput, and it doesn't do that, so just keep in mind that you'll be 'fixing' this problem just by having a different physical device. If you did a straight swap for another Lilliput, the odds are pretty slim you'd have this problem.

I've had mine something like 6 months now at least, and it works great.

...but if you want to feel better, you could argue that by putting that extra $140 into circulation, you're helping the economy! Yay!
                        Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
                        http://hallert.net/

Comment

Chairboy.. I used to be just like you.. I would see those threads "My Lilli is all jacked up" or anything similar and I would always post... Saying.. Mine works great!! I love it!! Etc.. So you might not want to toot your horn that yours is working cuz it might come back to bite you like it did me.

Yea, I coulda got another Lilli and maybe it woulda worked.. But the fact is.. I decided originally to get a Lilli because I thought all the problems were prolly user related.. Now that I know first hand that I did nothing to cause this I agree with people who say they are poorly built.

So in your opinion.. There is no difference in quality / performance between a Lilli and a Xenarc?

I really haven't seen any posts in this thread proving that either.. That's why I'm sorta bummed..

Comment

http://digitalww.com/lilliput_vs_xenarc.htm ...have you seen that yet?

I've had a Xenarc for about 9 months now, and the only problem I've had with it is that sometimes the touchscreen will stop working so I have to power off and back on the screen to get it up and running again. I'm thinking it might have to do with ventilation. Not quite sure though.

Comment

@tbird2340...

check out this thread (if you haven't already).

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34292

this thread shows many various post about problems with lilliput compared to xenarc.

I originally reported no problems... BUT... as of late... my lillput is really, really blurry. Every now and then it appears clear, and in a few days/reboots -- it's back to blurry.

I believe (pure speculatation at this point) it to be related to the lilliput VGA/USB cable as sometimes a plug-unplug will resolve some of the blurryness but nothing completely resolves it. Another possibility might be that I have a VGA extension cable to extend my VGA to rear of car where my car pc is located. Anyone else have a similar setup with VGA and USB extension for your lilliput? Could the blurryness be related to my extensions? interference?

Maybe it will offer you some comfort to know that my next monitor purchase will not be a lilliput.

slang

========================================
                              - CarPC install complete.
                              - CarPC software: CENTRAFUSE
                              - Planning/working on in-dash for lilliput monitor
                              ========================================

Comment

Working...
                              X