Xenarc V2 Res

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc V2 Res

Has anyone succesfully attained 800X480 with the new versions of the Xenarc 700TSV? I have attempted to use Powerstrip and the timings provided on in the Xenarc FAQ on their website to no avail. I gave up on Powerstrip and started using the video cards settings because my video card supports custom resolutions ( with the latest driver updates ) and the closest the OSD is recognizing is 852X480.

The video card is a GeForce4 MX, I would appreciate any info, thanks.
    BIOSTAR M7NCG400 : AMD-M ATHLON XP 2400+ : VANTEC AIRFLOW : 512 MB 3200 RAM : XENARC 700TSVB : MSI 128MB DDR MX4000 : MONSTER 300 WATT INVERTER

It's not up to the Xenarc display. The display relies on the video card to provide the resolution. The Xenarc will auto-detect 800x480.

-HD

Comment

Originally posted by hd54321
      It's not up to the Xenarc display. The display relies on the video card to provide the resolution. The Xenarc will auto-detect 800x480.

-HD
      Have you done it then, with the Version 2?
      BIOSTAR M7NCG400 : AMD-M ATHLON XP 2400+ : VANTEC AIRFLOW : 512 MB 3200 RAM : XENARC 700TSVB : MSI 128MB DDR MX4000 : MONSTER 300 WATT INVERTER

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by 'Xenarc V2.'

If you mean the newer "high-brightness" version which auto-detects 800x480, yes I have that monitor and run 800x480 using PowerStrip. Nearly every person on this board who does not use an EPIA board, goes with 800x480 since that's the native resolution of a 7" VGA monitor.

-HD

Comment

Not everyone's video card will do that res though. I tried it with a few good cards and they wouldn't do it. I gave up and just run 640x480. It does the job for looking at song lists.
          P4 2.4GHz, Intel mobo w/onboard sound & video, 128MB memory, 100GB Seagate Momentus laptop drive, Xenarc 700TSV 7" touchscreen, IRman using Girder, 150W Opus dc/dc psu, Alpine CDA-9835 h/u, MBQuart speakers, Infinity 15" sub, MTX amps.

Comment

My Xenarc even recognizes 800x480 at the 'full logo' screen of the epia startup.

This proves that the hardware supports that resolution and that the xenarc detects it.
            List of front-ends/usefull apps
            XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

No one's disputing that the Xenarc can handle that res. Again, it depends upon your video card to actually do that res. If your video card can't do it then the Xenarc won't enter into that res.
              P4 2.4GHz, Intel mobo w/onboard sound & video, 128MB memory, 100GB Seagate Momentus laptop drive, Xenarc 700TSV 7" touchscreen, IRman using Girder, 150W Opus dc/dc psu, Alpine CDA-9835 h/u, MBQuart speakers, Infinity 15" sub, MTX amps.

Comment

Yes, I'm referring to the newer version of the display. My video card is capeable of custom resolutions, right? Check out the attached imaged, that isn't on my carPC ( my main desktop )but there is no difference . I type the resolution I want and it makes it, correct? With proper adjustments the Xenarc should recognize the resolution, correct? I would appreciate some help with making the correct ones.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X