Mounting question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting question

Hello new here, have a question about my 7" lilliput. I have a 1997 Jeep GC Laerdo and I would like to mout the LCD using its mount (not in dash or anything). Is it illeagal/a good idea to mount it to the top of the dashboard? Was anyone else able to find a good place to mount this using the included stand. If I velcroed it to the dashboard will it ruin it?

P.S. Already tried a search for this stuff

Thanks!

Pic

Here is a picture if it helps

Comment

I've spoken with peace officers in my area (Utah) and informed it's not illegal of any sort to have my carPC and monitor. Having that alone does not warrent being sited. However, if you rear-end someone while messin' around with it, it may comlicate things.
      BIOSTAR M7NCG400 : AMD-M ATHLON XP 2400+ : VANTEC AIRFLOW : 512 MB 3200 RAM : XENARC 700TSVB : MSI 128MB DDR MX4000 : MONSTER 300 WATT INVERTER

Comment

What I would do
        Attached Files
        Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
        www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by Confused
          What I would do
          Agree. You may be able to find a headrest shroud to help you with fabrication, I know one is made for the xenarc, could be for lillput too.

Comment

I dont want to tear anything apart, so my options are using the stand or a goose neck, i was thinking this:

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rebal
              Is it illeagal/a good idea to mount it to the top of the dashboard?
              Where do you live?

Comment

Two problems putting it on the dash:

1) Glare would make the screen unreadable.

2) Its in clear view of the cops, and you may get ticketed for it.
                EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
                Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
                XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

Comment

New York

-Anyone know if a gooseneck or simular item from the floor would work?

Comment

New York

-Anyone know if a gooseneck or simular item from the floor would work?
                    Well I don't know about in New York, but here in TN, you can only have
                    GPS on the monitor that can be viewed by driver.
                    So having that monitor up there is asking for tickets...

Comment

I was thinking of putting it lower but wouldent it be more dangerous to look down to see the gps screen then to look at the dashboard?

Comment

I was thinking of putting it lower but wouldent it be more dangerous to look down to see the gps screen then to look at the dashboard?
                        I have my monitor where old stereo used to be and it not too bad.
                        I have to take my eyes off the road, but I did that when I had HU there.

Comment

I bought this looks like the best solution, thanks for the help!!

Comment

I bought this looks like the best solution, thanks for the help!!
                            Let us know how that work.
                            I wanted to know the stability of gooseneck mount.

Comment

Working...
                            X