Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8" Lilliput connector question

Hi all,
    First post here. I've been lurking for a while and have found alot of good info here.

I'm installing an 8" lilliput in my dash, and have a clearance problem with the connector that comes with it.

I don't know what that style of connector is called, but it is shaped like a trapezoid, and looks like connectors for external CD drives for laptops.

I'm wondering if anyone makes a 90 degree angle connector for that. Also, what is that style connector called?

Thanks

How many pins does it have? Can you post a pic of the connector?

Comment

I'm at work right now. I can send a pic tonight... the connector doesn't have any 'pins' that are visible... there is a black plastic tab in the middle, and metal contacts are on the sides of that tab.

I'll post a pic tonight

Thanks

Comment

If you need better pics, let me know. Thanks guys.

Comment

The description of a trapezoid connector led me to think it was a Centronics connector. Now that I see a pic, I can say that it is a Centronics connector. By pins, I meant contacts and I cannot tell how many contacts that connector has.

check out this centronics guide

Comment

That's it. Thanks. In the mean time, I took the housing off the connector, and it seems to fit without the full housing.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X