Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800x480 V8000 BIOS & Driver from VIA GmbH Support

Hi Folks,
    I have not had time to try it yet but VIA GmbH have sent me a new test BIOS for my EPIA V8000 and a new TEST VGA driver to try and implement 800x480. Its not an official BIOS but it must be worth a look!
    Below is the email they sent me...

*************** CLIP ****************
    Hello John

The Zip file I send to you contains a test bios and a driver with implemented 800x480 resolution. This bios was not officially released by VIA so it will not be supported by us. Use the bios on your own risk.

Best Regards

Florian Klein
    Technical Support
    [email protected]

*************** CLIP ****************

The file is nearly 7mb though and I have nowhere to host it so if you want it to test I could do with somewhere to put it up for download...

Suggestions welcome...

John
    My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
    NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

You can upload it here, no problem:

ftp.initec.be

user: initec-forum
    pw: forum

Thanks for sharing the information!
    List of front-ends/usefull apps
    XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Right folks, test away

ZIP file sent and uploaded to the above address & FTP...

Remember, I think this BIOS & Driver are specific to the EPIA V8000 so use at your own risk!!!

John
      NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Well??? Has anyone tried it? Does it work????

Comment

Is there any chance of getting one for the M10000? Does the V8000 use the CLE266 video chip?
          So far:
          M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Comment

I will host it, PM me.

Comment

Hmmm... still no replies. Maybe the driver ate thier computers? Any one wanna see if this works for the epia 800 ?

Comment

A bios needs to be released for the M10000 as it is the most popular mobo used.
                I emailed them for M10000 copy... lets hope they send me one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico3k
                  A bios needs to be released for the M10000 as it is the most popular mobo used.
                  I emailed them for M10000 copy... lets hope they send me one.
                  I'm hoping if they release a BIOS with that option for one, they'll do it for all of them...I don't want to be stuck with a PD10000 that's the same basic hardware as the M10000 but can't do the same things. (Got the PD10000 for the extra onboard serial ports, I've seen too many people have issues with USB to serial adapters)
                  System status: in progress

Comment

Haven't tried it with the BIOS flash yet as I have no floppy drive and I'm struggling producing a bootable CD to flash with. I tried the VGA driver on its own but there was some install problem and it bombed out... Maybe because I didn't flash first ?!?

Anyone fancy creating an bootable ISO image with the files on for me, or even some decent destructions for creating my own... all the ones I've done fail to boot!

John
                    NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Hey Tuned: here's a bribe:
                      http://web2.access-k12.org/flashme.zip

It's an ISO image of a bootable CD with a couple EPIA bios BIN's on it (including the new one for the V8000) and the Award flash util. The ISO didn't work exactly the way I wanted it to, but it works to flash, so that's what counts. If you look at the CD in windows, it has all of the bios versions for all of the EPIA motherboards listed on Via's download page. That's why the image is 13 megs. Also I renamed the .BIN's to make more sense. There's a readme on the CD that explains it, but simply put the name of the BIN is the model of the motherboard followed by the bios revision number. That should make it easy. Like M10k_116.BIN is for the M10000 and is version 1.16.

Now you ask: what's the bribe for? That's so you will plead with Via to make a bios version for the M10000 that does 800x480. If they did it for the V8000, I don't know why they wouldn't for the M10k, but who knows?

Thanks in advance,
                      Tom
                      So far:
                      M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Comment

I just updated my M10000 with the 1.16 Bios today, and after installation of windows 848*480 is available and working.

HOWEVER!

When i install the S3 drivers from Via, 848*480 support vanishes! And the problem is that I need those drivers for Hibernation and 2nd display support.
                        Anyone found a solution yet?

Comment

So are you saying after the bios update and using Windows video card drivers you can get 848 X 480 but when you install the Via video drivers that option vanishes??

Are we trying to get 800X480 or are we trying to get 848X480?
                          Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Comment

Thanks Tbird, but I'm afraid we must put it in simpler terms.

Come on people. Let's all say it together now:

800 by 480

not 848 by 480
                            not 852 by 480
                            not 800 by 600

Sheesh. How many times must it be said? Read the post from the top!
                            So far:

Comment

Working...
                            X