Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sucessfully mounted a sony psone lcd in a cdrom to eject?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sucessfully mounted a sony psone lcd in a cdrom to eject?

i thought of doing this a few months ago, and will be getting the sony psone lcd soon.

anyone know of this done and working? i am curious if it works with a psone lcd. and how small it is out of the casing.

i dunno... but does anyone think that a cdrom drive has enough power to 'eject' an lcd ??? i have 2 crappy old cdroms that dont work anymore... so i could rip them apart to do something like this... im just not really sure where u would start...
    AT mobo
    Intel Pentium MMX 233mhz
    ESS Solo PCI soundcard
    Linksys NIC
    Irman

Comment

take off the cover and all the crap but the eject mechanisim. mount it to the tray and find a way to mount it, so it sinks down into your dash. thats my plan at least. i dont have a working lcd. just one that is mounted to some korean pal tv thing.

Comment

not to pee on your parade but

(IMO )you realize how little you can take out and still have the eject work?
        spindle , spindle motor heads - thats prob about it
        unless you do some embedded programming and hack together driver
        board for the eject mechanism's motor?
        wasn't ricky doing something in that direction?

Comment

uhhhh, there are two leads you would need to solder to behind the normal eject button.

its just a matter of finding them depending on what cdrom you are using. also, im gonna try to find one that is short as possible.

Comment

i got here a original psone lcd
            and a creative infra x48 cdrom
            im trying to do this but with no luck so far
            the lcd is too heavy for the tray ( even without the controller attached )
            any ideas?
            HeadUnit : Car-Pc | Processor : JBL MS-8 | Front Stage : Woofer - Mpyre 65M , Mid - Dayton RS100-4 , Tweeter - Tang-Band Ceramic 25-1719S | Subwoofer : Hertz HX250D | Amps : A/D/S PQ10 , Hifonics Olympus XI , SPL AB03445 | Wiring : Sommer , Neutrik

Comment

Originally posted by Madboy
              i got here a original psone lcd
              and a creative infra x48 cdrom
              im trying to do this but with no luck so far
              the lcd is too heavy for the tray ( even without the controller attached )
              any ideas?
              if enough space ...maybe replace motors with stronger ones ?

Comment

Working...
              X