Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need picturesque PSOne LCD VGA modding diagram

Hey there.

I'm new here,... and to modding altogether.
    I've trolled for a while, and I think you guys are AWESOME!!

Although I've looked at most of the PSOne LCD VGA mods, I still find myself hesitant to crack open my screen.
    I'd love to hook up a PC to the screen,.... but first, I'll need to see exactly what to do.

Is there a step by step FAQ or PDF, that has explicit details in LAYMEN's terms????

If so,.. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

my option is it's not worth it after 8months I still dont have it working right and cost about $200 (G4 card mostily) could save my self time by just buying a lil for $250. if you still want to do it do a search for psone mage and you'll find lot's of info.

Peace
    Mage
    =Cars=-
    2001 Kia Optima, V6 4matic fully loaded SE W00t! soon to have a Car pc.

Comment

I don't understand???

Why wouldn't I want my PSOne LCD to accept VGA???

I got it for cheap,... and I'd like to start a hobby. Modding this screen is the perfect thing.

I'll do a search for your page,... but I don't know if you understood my request.
      Thanks though.

Comment

it's a pain to set up it required only 1 of 5 video cards and lot's of this and that. mostly though it's alot of sodiering and configuring.

there's a good writeup under one of my post that tells you everything you need.

Peace
        Mage
        =Cars=-
        2001 Kia Optima, V6 4matic fully loaded SE W00t! soon to have a Car pc.

Comment

It is very easy to do. I think it took me about 30min. to do. http://users.adelphia.net/~mowry/lcd.htm I hope this helps.

Comment

People use VGA for better text quality.
            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

If you're lazy like me, try just make a composite adapter first:
              http://www.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/~starfo...sayako_lcd.htm

If that's good enough, you don't have to do the mod. I'm planning on just using a composite video in my car because running shielded VGA signals from my boot to where i want to mount the LCD is a pain in the arse and i'll probably pick up a lot of interference.

Comment

Thanks for the laymen's mod picture, for my PSone screens.

Is it possible to use a COMPONENT cable, to access better resolutions??
                I tried playing my GameCube on the screen, using a stereo component camcorder cable, and a few female/female connectors,..... but of course,.. when I set me game to Progressive Scan, it doesn't work.

I imagine using components, it would,.... but there isn't really a component camcorder cable.

Any ideas???
                Thanks.

Comment

You probably could use a component cable if you could seperate out the sync signal from wherever it is...

Comment

btw, starfox, i followed your site for the vga mod, and for me i had to swap the red and green connections to get the right colour... (this was using matrixpc's c-sync circuit btw)

Comment

IMO, the wiring isnt too difficult. The part I am stuck on is configuring PowerStrip.

I need to network the carPC in order to adjust the Powerstrip settings with RealVNC.
                      My first carPC!
                      MP3/CD player
                      Celeron 633MHz - 10GB Seagate - 64MB PC100 - Win XP

Soon to actually find its way into the car!

Comment

Originally posted by me and me lude
                        btw, starfox, i followed your site for the vga mod, and for me i had to swap the red and green connections to get the right colour... (this was using matrixpc's c-sync circuit btw)

Just for clarification, I didn't create the circuit. Someone else create it, and the schema is on the net for a while. Base on the schema, I draw it in ExpressPCB so that it is easy to read/follow.
                        If the video card can put out C-sync (checkable under Powerstrip), you don't need to build this circuit.

With all the document handy, the task is not that hard. The hard part is soldering and configure powerstrip. With RealVNC/WinVNC, the tash is much easier.
                        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Look thru this thread, there are lots of usefull info I took pictures of the circuit I built and solder point and screen shot of Power strip setting
                          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ighlight=PSOne
                          Y2K Accord Dell GX150

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC
                            Just for clarification, I didn't create the circuit. Someone else create it, and the schema is on the net for a while. Base on the schema, I draw it in ExpressPCB so that it is easy to read/follow.
                            If the video card can put out C-sync (checkable under Powerstrip), you don't need to build this circuit.
                            Sure will fix that soon.

Comment

Originally posted by starfox
                              Sure will fix that soon.
                              The circuit I draw

Is base on the info on this page. Scroll down to
                              TTL level sync signal
                              Y2K Accord Dell GX150

Comment

Working...
                              X