Xenarc 800TSV 8" TFT LCD /w Touchscreen - Brushed Aluminum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc 800TSV 8" TFT LCD /w Touchscreen - Brushed Aluminum

I did a search and no one has posted much on this screen, interested to see if someone has purchased it since those last posts.

Since I will not be using the Aluminum housing for looks but rather for a point to mold to I'm not so interested in paying extra for this, but I'm assuming that's the only way I can get the screen....

I need to know how much room there is between the screen and the edges of the housing? I need to know if there is space avaliable for me to cut some of the housing off. Also, does anyone have the actual dimensions of the screen it's self?

I have the 7" now and am looking to upgrade. But for the money I need to make sure that it will fit first.

Anyone?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

im lookin at that 8" xenarc as well

alls i know is the width/height WITh the housing is 9 x 6.5 inches, kinda big

Comment

Well I ended up buying it. If I get a chance today I will measure out the dimensions of the screen and post it. Will try to get a few pics as well.

It's a very nice screen, and yes, it's fairly bigger than the 7"
      Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I actually got one for Xmas. Haven't started on building my CPU for the at all yet thou Got all the parts.. just no time..

Anyway, I wanted to check it out, and tried to install it on my Home desktop.. but I guess I can't? Mainly because I dont have the adaptors ( 3 video outlets? and a 15 din plug in ) Thought I did.. sucks for me lol..
        Worked 14 days straight so.. don't mind me..

are there any adaptors I can get to give me a hand here..

EDIT: Reread this.. and Yeah.. its 2 video.. 1 Audio.. thats an easy fix.. just have to wait tell tomm for stores to open..

Now where can I get a 15 din Monitor plug in converter to a normal PC Monitor plug in?
        05 Acura RSX Type S
        - Back to the Planning Stage -
        ETA: ???

Comment

It should work fine on your home desktop, it should have a USB connector as well as a VGA. USB for the touch and VGA for video.....unless you aren't going to be using it that way?
          Jan Bennett

Comment

Yes, USB and VGA.. just the only problem is that the VGA Pins are smaller then the ones on my home.. smaller meaning 15 pins...

USB works fine, just the VGA plug in won't fit. Just need to find an adaptor for it. Anyone have any recommendations.
            05 Acura RSX Type S
            - Back to the Planning Stage -
            ETA: ???

Comment

Been looking at these for awhile.. looking forward for some measurements w/out the casing. Enjoy your new toy!

Comment

ok- just took some pics:
                Jan Bennett

Comment

And some others:
                  Jan Bennett

Comment

You will have to excuse the crappy quality...I just downloaded and used a batch resizing program and just realized that it's crap.

My camera is much better than those pictures will have you know...lol

but at least you can get some measurements off of the pics

enjoy!
                    Jan Bennett

Comment

I was looking for these pictures mate. Thanks a lot, I hope I'll be receiving mine this week as well...
                      Upgraded to a Civic lately and just started construction...

Comment

good luck with it!

I hacked up the front piece just yesterday so it would fit in the dash....

that's solid aluminum for anyone who might be wondering....hehe

quality screen!!!
                        Jan Bennett

Comment

I had the chance to examine a non touchscreen version and the image quality was wonderful, however I have to work hard for locating it somewhere in/out the dash since it is toooo big
                          Upgraded to a Civic lately and just started construction...

Comment

it's HUGE compared to the 7"!

The image quality is outstanding!

This is the best money I have ever spent....

I will try and get some incar pics once it's all installed....

Should be able to play with my Digital Rebel to get some good high quality shots.....
                            Jan Bennett

Comment

i destroyed my 8" lilli that i had bondo'ed into my dash by taking it apart too many times

the ribbon cables/connectors are absolute CRAP

is this xenarc easy to take apart? I cant think of any better way than to take the front bezel out and bondo that to my dash again, as with the lilli

Comment

Working...
                              X