Lilliput, Touch Screen issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput, Touch Screen issues

I just got my new Lilliput about 2 days ago. Already I have a problem. It seems the right-center portion of the touchscreen doesn't work properly. I've gone through the 25-pt calibration countless times, and on the funky calibration display (the grid with yellow lines) it shows a huge skew over to the left on the right-center portion. When I drag the stylus straight down the right hand side of the screen the mouse veers wildly over to the left then back...

Is there a way to fix this? Hopefully its just a calibration/driver issue, especially since my screen is BRAND NEW?!?!

Join the club.....
    ....Yes, I know it has a stupid name, those crazy Japanese!

Comment

You need a new touch panel. Contact your seller and ask for a replacement.

Armen

Originally posted by Optikal
      I just got my new Lilliput about 2 days ago. Already I have a problem. It seems the right-center portion of the touchscreen doesn't work properly. I've gone through the 25-pt calibration countless times, and on the funky calibration display (the grid with yellow lines) it shows a huge skew over to the left on the right-center portion. When I drag the stylus straight down the right hand side of the screen the mouse veers wildly over to the left then back...

Is there a way to fix this? Hopefully its just a calibration/driver issue, especially since my screen is BRAND NEW?!?!
      http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

Touscreen calibration issues

Hi all,

I seem to have the same problem as most where the right hand side of the screen is about an 1" out, the left is normal. This is my secound screen, first was replaced due to same problem. Does anyone know how to prevent this problem? is this a design fault with the screen?

Chris

Comment

now the replacement that digitalWW sells,will this fix the problem, or just postpone it from happening again, if it just postpones it,i will make a skin for frodoplayer, that never uses the screen on the far right hand side,

i was considering ordering the replacement, but if it doesnt permently fix the issue, why bother.
          CarPuter ProgressO meterO
          [+++++++++] 100%, 1Ghz Epia M,opus 90w, Earthmate GPS, 7 inch lilliput molded into dash, anything i forget?
          visit me on the web at
          http://gozips.uakron.edu/~cmk23/

Comment

fyi, I sent an email to the mp3car.com owner about my lilliput problem, and he offered to look at it and send me a replacement if necessary. I'm too impatient, and want to get my carputer up and running ASAP tho, so I think I'm just going to live with the one I have...

Comment

sorry for digging up an old thread.. but im having a similar problem.. i just opened my lilliput from digitalww today, and i calibrated and everything. it seems i cant use the right edge of my screen about half a centimeter. however if i put the stylus on the very edge nearest the plastic, it will hit that edge on the touchscreen .. ie allowing me to scroll up and down a webpage or something.
              Carputer HIFI car stereo project!
              [XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-]
              95% COMPLETE! FINALIZING SOFTWARE PLATFORM!

[XXXXXX--------------]
              30% COMPLETE! CAPUTER Version 2.0! Hardware FAILING! CARPUTER BLEW UP! AND NOW MONITOR TOO! WTF?!

Comment

Originally posted by miztahsparklez
                sorry for digging up an old thread.. but im having a similar problem.. i just opened my lilliput from digitalww today, and i calibrated and everything. it seems i cant use the right edge of my screen about half a centimeter. however if i put the stylus on the very edge nearest the plastic, it will hit that edge on the touchscreen .. ie allowing me to scroll up and down a webpage or something.
                Sounds like you have very fat fingers
                PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

lol actually my hands are little girly hands =P haha.... when i work on cars and stuff, my hands are usually the only ones that can reach the hard to get to bolts and stuff....
                  [XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-]

[XXXXXX--------------]
                  30% COMPLETE! CAPUTER Version 2.0! Hardware FAILING! CARPUTER BLEW UP! AND NOW MONITOR TOO! WTF?!

Comment

does anyone know the email addy for the place they make them, tiawan maybe? i'm having the same problem, but i dont have any hope of returning it to anyone besides that i dont think.
                    1997 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor...
                    Via m10000 Mobo w/ ITPS & pw-70a
                    7" Lilliput Touch

Comment

I'm having the same issue. At one point, I was able to get it to where there were 2 small humps and the screen was correct in the middle. But it has gotten worse since. I wish that I had bought a xenarc.
                      I didn't turn my back on my country, my country turned it's back on me.

Comment

well.. i upgraded to the beta drivers on the website, and the screen is quite more responsive than before. it even fixed that edge of the screen.
                        [XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-]

[XXXXXX--------------]

Comment

lol actually my hands are little girly hands =P haha.... when i work on cars and stuff, my hands are usually the only ones that can reach the hard to get to bolts and stuff....

Happy that you got it working. Keep the touchscreen out of direct sunlight and heat sources (sunlight) because that's how most break.
                          GammaControl v2.4
                          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

isnt that kindof hard if its flushmounted in the dash?
                            [XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-]

[XXXXXX--------------]

Comment

isnt that kindof hard if its flushmounted in the dash?
                              Have a cover for it.
                              GammaControl v2.4
                              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
                              X