Allbrite help (again)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allbrite help (again)

Well as i ranted in off topic, a few days ago I got my allbrite back in the mail broken, the LCD was smashed. So after sulking and studying for a final I think I am ready to pick up and go on....

Now, I took it all apart and removed the NL8060BC26-17 LCD. Everything came apart very easily and it looks like I could slip another panel in there as long as it is the same size and basic shape. Has anyone replaced just the panel before? I saw some talk of it in the "High bright LCD" thread, but it looked as though the idea was abandoned because the nec was a good panel and there was no need.

Also will another NEC screen in the NL8060BC26 series with a 41 pin hirose connector work? I found a NL8060BC26-12, but I am having trouble finding a spec sheet on it. Form the pictures I found it looks about right but it is still in its standard housing. The one I am looking at came out of a IBM laptop.

Will any LCD with a 41 pin horse work as far as not having to change the pin outs on the cable? (I realize I have to see if my controller work with it and then make it fit in the allbrite housing.

BTW my controller is a Digital Display AG EPAP-200C I have also seen this controller referred to as a Signet EPAP-200C Not sure if the company changed names or got bought out. Anyway i found a spec sheet here

Also anyone know if this assembly is specific to the allbright setup? I would imagine it is and that its purpose to raise the board to make room for the backlight setup. A normal LCD would not come with this but it looks like all I would have to do is use the extender piece?
    Attached Files
    My Install

Software:
    CFiG v1
    iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
    Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
    StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1
Working...
X