DWW-7VGA not locking in stowed position

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWW-7VGA not locking in stowed position

I'm assuming the DWW-7VGA monitor is supposed to lock into the stowed position somehow? When I push it all the way back, the spring pushes it back out again around 1/2"-1". Can't get it to stay fully stowed.
    System status: in progress

Did you contact Armen about this? That would be the 1st place I'd turn for help, but I haven't had that problem (yet) w/ my DWW-7VGA
    "I'm a dick!"
    "I must seek knowledge and it's bastard son truth" - The State

Comment

If you open the back of the unit you will see a spring mechanism with a latch.

But I would talk to Aremn first.

Comment

I have the same problem. When you push it all the way in, it should click twice. It locks on the first, and releases on the second click. On my screen the 2 clicks are VERY close together. So close that most times you miss the first, and it just pops back out.

YOu need to press it in *very* carefully and slowly. When you feel/hear the first click then stop, and it will stay. It can be tricky while driving, but i'm used to it by now...

Comment

Originally posted by migel628
          Did you contact Armen about this? That would be the 1st place I'd turn for help, but I haven't had that problem (yet) w/ my DWW-7VGA
          Yep, sent a message off earlier. Just wanted to see if others have experienced similar problems.
          System status: in progress

Comment

I have the same problem. Of course, I lost the spring that allows the latch to do its thing. I just asked him for a new latch mechanism. I'll let him give you the price though.
            2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
            7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
            80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

Working...
            X