LinITX 8" anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LinITX 8" anyone?

First I was going for the lilliput 8" but after reading Confused review of the 7" model, I'm considering the LinITX 8" instead. Anyone tried this screen? Is it as good as the 7"?

Is there not even ONE user on this board with this screen?

Comment

I'm probably gonna buy one next week!

I'm assuming that they're made by the same people as the 7" one and will, therefore, be good quality!

Comment

i hope so too Please give us a review when u get it!

Comment

Would be interested in the review on this as well. I have the 8" Xenarc, but I'm always interested in hearing about other product out there and how it stands up to the competition....=]
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Ok.. Now own one of these!!

Not really up for doing an entire review but I'll jot down a few notes here and if you have any specific questions please post them!!

Basically.. an excellent unit. Good picture, good colours, good touchscreen.

The LCD seems to be ever so slightly twisted inside the case (you have to look pretty hard to notice it).

Touchscreen seems to work well, fairly easy to setup and good drivers (once you've got them installed).

Had to change the refresh rate to 75hz to get the picture to appear in the right place. I'm using 800x600 res (native res of unit).

USB and VGA cables seem a little short for the car. My laptop is going in the boot so I suspect I'll have to buy extensions.

All in all seems like an excellent deal (considering how much you can pay for an 8" elsewhere).

I will start installing it in the car this week so at some point soon I'll let you know how well it copes with daylight. It doesn't seem particulaly bright, sitting here in my room, so I'm not too confident. But we shall see!

Comment

Originally posted by Engram
              Ok.. Now own one of these!!

Not really up for doing an entire review but I'll jot down a few notes here and if you have any specific questions please post them!!

Basically.. an excellent unit. Good picture, good colours, good touchscreen.

The LCD seems to be ever so slightly twisted inside the case (you have to look pretty hard to notice it).

Touchscreen seems to work well, fairly easy to setup and good drivers (once you've got them installed).

Had to change the refresh rate to 75hz to get the picture to appear in the right place. I'm using 800x600 res (native res of unit).

USB and VGA cables seem a little short for the car. My laptop is going in the boot so I suspect I'll have to buy extensions.

All in all seems like an excellent deal (considering how much you can pay for an 8" elsewhere).

I will start installing it in the car this week so at some point soon I'll let you know how well it copes with daylight. It doesn't seem particulaly bright, sitting here in my room, so I'm not too confident. But we shall see!
              Nice! Hope u keep us updated! How about that brightness...have you anything to compare with? Should be 350 nits, right? That should be better than a 8" lilly with TS.

Comment

I have nothing to compare the brightness with but I haven't found myself wishing for more brightness so far!! It seems fine in daylight. (I have yet to try strong direct sunlight though).

It's installed in the car now.. I've just come in from doing it. Feeling REALLY tired.. almost there though. And tmrw I should be able to post some pictures of the install! ;-)

Comment

Link for source?
                  ,./(0)3

'04 Canyon 4x4 pickup

[---PC on hold----working on external fiberglass "tool" box---]

Comment

Originally posted by EBFoxbat
                    Link for source?
                    http://linitx.com/product_info.php?c...roducts_id=554

: Jetway J7F2 1.5Ghz Mainboard : Cubid 3688 : CarNetix CNX-P1260 :
                    : Netgear 802.11g PCMCIA : 2 x LinITX 7" Screens :
                    : BU353 USB GPS Mouse : Panasonic UJ845 DVDRW :

Comment

Originally posted by Engram
                      I have nothing to compare the brightness with but I haven't found myself wishing for more brightness so far!! It seems fine in daylight. (I have yet to try strong direct sunlight though).

It's installed in the car now.. I've just come in from doing it. Feeling REALLY tired.. almost there though. And tmrw I should be able to post some pictures of the install! ;-)
                      How about those pics?

Comment

I haven't forgotten! I've been delayed in finishing the install by rain so as soon as it's all done I'll have pictures on here for you!

Comment

You're gonna have to wait a bit longer folks. I've blown the Aux input on my headunit (so f**king annoying) so I've got to wait for that to be repaired now.

Comment

Ok.. pictures are now available in this thread - http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=359819

Comment

Working...
                            X