Canadian source for MX4000 PCI - for 800x480

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian source for MX4000 PCI - for 800x480

For any Canadians wanting to obtain true 800x480 resolution on their Xenarc (or Lilliput), it has been confirmed that an Nvidia MX4000 PCI chipset will do the trick *without* using powerstrip. You only need to use the Nvida utility. do a for more info.

Anyway, being very excited to finally get 800x480 resolution on my Xenarc, I have searched around for an MX4000 chipset card in Canada with very limited success. I ended up finding it at Radioshack, here:

LINK

It is $90 CDN with a $30 rebate. That makes it $60 CDN after rebate, no hassle of shipping etc. Check the stores stock, as it appears to be limited. Cheers

Nic

yea but has anyone actually gotten their lillput's On Screen Display (OSD) to say 800x480 and if so how?
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Antimatter: my mistake - I don't believe anyone has got their lilliput OSD to display 800x480

Comment

Yea.... WTH how retarded, it won't detect it's native resolution WTH is up with that

Comment

Agreed! I was saying the EXACT same thing up until recently about the Xenarc!!! Xenarc has always claimed it is possible to get 800x480 resolution but nobody until just recently was able to actually get it. Antimatter, I suggest just putting in some time and fiddling with powerstrip until you can get a set of timings that works for the lilliput...it might work!!!

Comment

Yea... it is the timing that needs to be figured out, I assume that the timing for the xenarc wont work with the lilliput

Comment

doesn't look like it...from what I've read, the posted Xenarc timings result in an OSD of 848x840 for the lilliput...close, but who cares if it isn't the actual native resolution of the lilliput.

I would guess that you could tweak those settings just a bit more and get the lilliput OSD to report 800x480 and you will be a happy camper!

Comment

Sorry Antimatter, haven't seen anyone with the results you want.
                I have a solution though! Sell your lilliput to unsuspecting, semi-bad friend with huge markup then buy xenarc.
                BIOSTAR M7NCG400 : AMD-M ATHLON XP 2400+ : VANTEC AIRFLOW : 512 MB 3200 RAM : XENARC 700TSVB : MSI 128MB DDR MX4000 : MONSTER 300 WATT INVERTER

Comment

Originally posted by antimatter
                  Yea.... WTH how retarded, it won't detect it's native resolution WTH is up with that
                  Its a lilliput. *puts on anti-flame suit*
                  PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

An upgrade may be in order later on down the line when i work myself up to fabricating another dash peice and biting the bullet on that cost.

Until then i will keep my eye out for a solution with the lilliput. Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                    X