LED Power light on the Lilliput....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Power light on the Lilliput....

I just put my Lilliput screen in my car and have it hardwired to the cigarette lighter, which has constant power even when the car is off. When the screen is turneed off the little green power light goes red as you all know.

I'm assuming that's just a little LED light in there that has no significant power usage, but could that drain the car battery in any way shape or form?
    Here it is! My carputer install! 1997 BMW M3

that led should not kill ur battery if u drive the car everyday... i wouldn't worry
    http://www.hostunlim.com/kamlung/Cars//TL/sigfinal.jpg

Comment

Yeah I figured with everyday use it'd be fine. Think it would be a problem if I went away for like a week?

I mean it's a tiny little light similar to alot of alarm lights (except those blink). I'm assuming it's an LED in there which draws even less power.

Comment

the use of power of that led is really small....think about the led that flash all the time from you alarm system. even if you don't drive you car everyday it won't do nothing to your battery.
        RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
        We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Here's another question on that same line of thought that came up while I was installing it.

I kept hitting the power button while I was fiddling with it. The screen would come on for a few seconds, tell me there was no VGA signal, then go complete blank and the blue buttons would shut off. No backlight or anything. But the powerlight was green.

In that state is is using any power? Would I have to even turn the screen off when I got out of the car? Since is APPEARS to be in the same state as when the red light is on.

When the car turns off the computer should go off with it, thus making the monitor think it has no VGA input, thus sending it to that seemingly powered down state.

Comment

http://www.carnetix.com/additional_i...llyCurrent.htm
            Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

Comment

Well that answeres that

Comment

Now it's just a matter of remembering to turn it off. Hmmm...

I don't want the screen to turn on with the car, yet I want it to be off when the car shuts off. Hmm....

Comment

Originally posted by Skipjacks
                  Now it's just a matter of remembering to turn it off. Hmmm...

I don't want the screen to turn on with the car, yet I want it to be off when the car shuts off. Hmm....
                  Plug it into your PSU. It'll be on when your computer is on
                  PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                    Plug it into your PSU. It'll be on when your computer is on
                    If it was plugged into the computer, would it automatically turn on when the computer turned on? Or would I still have to hit the power button? Obviously when the computer turned off I would think the monitor would go completely dead, no red LED or anything becaus I'd think it would have no power at all.

If that's the case I'd have to turn it on myself but it would shut down automatically. Right?

Damn I wish I would have forseen the whole "make sure you turn it off" problem before I installed the screen tonight. Getting it in the dash once was enough of a pain in the ***.

Comment

Do some searching

There is a thread on how to modify the Lili to auto power on when you apply power to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skipjacks
                        If it was plugged into the computer, would it automatically turn on when the computer turned on? Or would I still have to hit the power button? Obviously when the computer turned off I would think the monitor would go completely dead, no red LED or anything becaus I'd think it would have no power at all.

If that's the case I'd have to turn it on myself but it would shut down automatically. Right?

Damn I wish I would have forseen the whole "make sure you turn it off" problem before I installed the screen tonight. Getting it in the dash once was enough of a pain in the ***.
                        I don't have a Lilli, but try plugging it in and see if it automatically powers on when voltage is applied. Otherwise you're gonna have to do the auto-on mod.
                        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                        GammaControl v2.4
                        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

What kind of power drain are we talking about in suspend mode when it's drawing 214mA?

Obviously you don't want to leave that on for like a week at a time, but if you accidentally left it on at night or while you were at work for half a day, would that be enough to keep the car from cranking?

Comment

nope. my screen stays in suspend mode every night. and doesnt strain my battery even if its been like 3 days without starting. But its probably not good for your bat. Thats why I got dual batts now, with one a dry cell isolated from the cranking batt
                            CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

Originally posted by Grayscale
                              nope. my screen stays in suspend mode every night. and doesnt strain my battery even if its been like 3 days without starting. But its probably not good for your bat. Thats why I got dual batts now, with one a dry cell isolated from the cranking batt
                              I'd seen the threads about that idea. But I hadn't really looked into them yet. The idea intrigues me. Is it hard to set that up? Doe you have to replace the dry cell alot or do you have it charging off the alternator somehow?

Comment

Working...
                              X