LCD displays black and white on TV-Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD displays black and white on TV-Out

Finally got my monitor in my car. It's a cheapy little Pyle, and I thought it would last me until I could get something better. Anyway, the monitor's a little strange. On some sources, it'll only display fine. I can get color on my PS2, and my ReplayTV, but on a home standalone DVD player and on my computer's TV-Out, I only get black and white. Any ideas why? There's a bit of flicker on both the DVD player and the computer TV-out.
    2006 Rav4 + iPod, still CarPCless

Bump.

Comment

That's weird man. Maybe signal isn't strong enough? Hmm... can you e-mail the Pyle people, or at least the dudes you bought the monitor from?
      Tidder

Try RevFE
      The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder
        That's weird man. Maybe signal isn't strong enough? Hmm... can you e-mail the Pyle people, or at least the dudes you bought the monitor from?
        I was thinking that, but that would be difficult to troubleshoot much less fix. Pyle tech support is a joke. I'll give them a try though.

Comment

What kind of input is it? RCA or Svideo?
          Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

probly a pal/ntsc issue

Comment

i second the pal/ntsc issue I had this same problem with my XBOX, i switched it to PAL by mistake and the display was black & white
              01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
              01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
              mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

My money is on a cable issue, PAL/NTSC have different resolutions, but still operate the same RGB signals

Comment

If it's S-Video, maybe it's only getting the luma and no chroma.

Comment

Originally posted by Curiosity
                    If it's S-Video, maybe it's only getting the luma and no chroma.
                    The computer is running on S-Video-TV-out to composite video using an adapter. It's been tested on other TV's and displays in color on those. The other source is a standalone DVD player with composite video.

Comment

Originally posted by liquid_smoke
                      i second the pal/ntsc issue I had this same problem with my XBOX, i switched it to PAL by mistake and the display was black & white
                      My DVD Player can play both NTSC and PAL DVD's, but ports out the signal to NTSC. My computer's video out settings are set to NTSC-M.

Comment

I've had an adapter that worked with my video card svideo out to RCA, that would not work with my xbox. Same prob, black and white.
                        Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

Strange man, very strange...
                          Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

Have you tried setting it on fire? Uh, I mean... maybe it is just the signal. Kind of like not handling PAL, but something else. If it's 75 Hz, try 60 Hz and 800x600 or 640x480. Things like that. Turn the monitor off and on after each change.

Comment

Working...
                            X