Least glare on 7" vga touchscreen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Least glare on 7" vga touchscreen

Hello... I've been out of the carpc scene for quite some time, but I know that I bought a screen from digitalww a long time ago, and the screen was hard as hell to see in the day time.

I'd like to keep a touch screen, but not have a massive problem with glare.

Can somone recommend any brand of lcd that tends to stay bright and little glare? approximately 7" or (or approximately double din)

Thanks In advance!

I was thinking about putting one of those anti glare screens you can buy for your office PC to see if it cut down on the sun glare enough to make the screen useable.

Anyone tried this?

1) Would that negate the touchscreen function if you had another layer on top? I have no idea how sensitive they are.

2) Think it'd work?
    Here it is! My carputer install! 1997 BMW M3

Comment

well I think the problem is the touch screen portion is in front of the lcd itself. The more junk you throw on top of the touch screen, the less vivid the colors will be.

All I was getting at was I tried to do it economically last time... and it didnt exactly work out as planned. This time around, I'd like to do things the rigth way.

I'd like it to appear as visible as say a pioneer dvd player or something in daylight. Heck, some of those are touchscreens too

*shrugs*

Comment

Get a xenarc with the extra bright backlight
        -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Originally posted by ronnyek
          well I think the problem is the touch screen portion is in front of the lcd itself. The more junk you throw on top of the touch screen, the less vivid the colors will be.

All I was getting at was I tried to do it economically last time... and it didnt exactly work out as planned. This time around, I'd like to do things the rigth way.

I'd like it to appear as visible as say a pioneer dvd player or something in daylight. Heck, some of those are touchscreens too

*shrugs*

I think pioneer and thoughts better looking screens use a capacitive touch screen instead of the resistive touch like lilyput uses. but if any has a way to make the screen look better let me know
          PROJECT LEXUS ES300

Comment

Working...
          X