Liliput 7 or 8 Inch? Difference?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liliput 7 or 8 Inch? Difference?

So is there really any difference between the Liliput 7 or 8 Inch other then just size?
    2001 Dodge Stratus ES Project

I would go with the 8" if you have room becasue no one to this date has ever had the lilliput reporting 800x480 with the on screen display (OSD)
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Originally posted by antimatter
      I would go with the 8" if you have room becasue no one to this date has ever had the lilliput reporting 800x480 with the on screen display (OSD)
      What do you mean?
      Is the resolution the same?

Comment

Looks like you need to do some research

the 7" is 15:9 ratio (not quite widescreen ratio) and the 8" is 4:3 so they have completly different aspect ratios. The 8" is like a normal monitor where 800x600 or 1024x768 will look normal not squished.

Running the 7" lilliput at 800x600 sqeezes in 120 more pixles width wise so things are smooshed a little bit. You can only tell when looking at the desktop. Icons appear smooshed. When you have Frodoplayer running it looks perfect. I and many others run it at this resolution and it looks great.

The problem with the 7" lilliput is that it won't recognize it's native resolution (800x480) So when you set your display card to that resolution the lilliput reports it as 640x480 or some other resolution so it doesn't look it's best although the aspect ratio is correct the clarity is not it's best.

Comment

So the 8" would be a better buy?

Comment

yes
            2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Yes that is if you have room for it. Keep in mind that a large population of this board is lilliput owners and most are happy running them at 800x600. It looks really good and crisp. Plus the 7" has the potential to run widescreen DVD's with no black bars on the top or bottom

Comment

It seems that the 8" has had few if any problems....whereas the 7" I believe must hold a record. Do a search and see for yourself.
                2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

You are right speed.racer I don't recall any complaints on the 8". But my god if you just scroll down the list in the LCD forum every 5th one is a problem with a 7".

I have two and am very happy with them both

Comment

Working...
                  X