Digitalww - replacement TS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitalww - replacement TS

Anyone bought a replacement TS off DigitalWW, mine on my lilli went kaput and I have ordered a replacement, just wondering if i can expect to get the same issues with this replacement (ie calibration screwing up on right hand side?)

Ps anyone know when these are gonna be back in stock??
    MII10000; 512MB RAM; 7" Lilliput Touchscreen; 400watt Muttant AMP; Wireless pc start (keyfob); WiFi; GPS with D3 NM Front End; MediaCar; 40gig 3.5" HD; In-Dash mounted tft;

i bought one of the a couple monts back... it fixes the problem, but if it's in excessive heat (ie. left in the car under the sun) eventually after some time, it will start doing it again. You have to be carefull on where you put the screen.
    cheers

Comment

the car I have has a folding down flap over the double DIN (where the tft is installed) so heat shouldnt be an issue, and considering average temperature here at the minute is about 6deg C i don't see it being an external heat issue, you think installing a 80mm fan behind the display is worthwhile to keep air flowing?
      MII10000; 512MB RAM; 7" Lilliput Touchscreen; 400watt Muttant AMP; Wireless pc start (keyfob); WiFi; GPS with D3 NM Front End; MediaCar; 40gig 3.5" HD; In-Dash mounted tft;

Comment

putting a cover over the screen isn't going to change the fact that in the summer it can get to over 130 degrees F in your car....even in colder climates it can get to well over 100 in the car....no cover will ever change that.....

no matter what the temperature at the minute...it's constantly changing...it's not going the be winter time year round....

a fan can never hurt though
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

it's not going the be winter time year round....
          i'm guess by this comment you've never been to England......

Comment

it's not going to be SNOWING year round......
            Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

We don't get much of that either tho...just crappy rain and coldness.....seriously tho, you reckon a nice fan at the rear of the display to keep air moving will help stop this occuring, since the tft was only in the car 4 days before it died

Comment

a fan can never hurt.....=]
                Jan Bennett

Comment

I put a fan under my screen that pulls excessive heat from behind the screan and blows it out into the car. It's a little 45mm fan that does a great job of creating an airflow, but it will have no effectiveness at all come July when the car is parked outside all day. That's a problem I don't know how to address.
                  Here it is! My carputer install! 1997 BMW M3

Comment

Skipjacks/RED, I know what you are talking about with interior heat. By no way will my interior get as hot as you'rs down in Texas but 110-120 is still quite hot, though not enough to damage the electronics UNLESS it is in the direct sunlight. Anyone have any thoughts on reversing the polarity on a DC fan? i.e. blow cold AC'd air into the area behind the TS? I don't have a lilli yet, so I don't know, but is there a place to put a heat sink at on the back side of the screen?

Just my $.02

Comment

well in my current install, the tft was in the original case, all screwed together, but i have since bondo'd the front of the screen into the double din to give it a nicer finish, and am planning on putting a couple of spaces between the front and back of case (since wires are more than long enough for a 5-10mm gap, and then getting a fan on there somewhere, fingers crossed this will solve my issues, as far as summer goes, maybe a timer circuit to turn the fan on for a 10 mins every hour? 30 mins? to keep air flowing, not sure how effective that would be tho.

Comment

you'd need cold air if the car is parked... while in motion, you use the ac anywho, so the fan blowing to the inside ain't a bad idea. I also recommend a fan to the back. that is going thru the case of the lilli, sionce you gonna have it apart... my 2 cents...

Comment

I also recommend a fan to the back. that is going thru the case of the lilli
                          Yeah that is what I was planning on if I can find a fan to fit....shouldnt be too hard hopefully, infact the fan off my MII10000 CPU would do nicely for the job!

Comment

Working...
                          X