powering xenarc 7"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powering xenarc 7"?

I was wondering if I should have my xenarc hooked up to a regulated power supply in my car, orginaly figured since it comes with a car adaptor it would be fine without one but I noticed it's specs say the input voltage is 11-24v and it will drop below that during the crank.

if I should run it off a regulated power supply does anyone know if my M!-ATX PSU will be able to power it, the xenarc is rated at 1A, the M1-ATX is rated for 2A on the 12V, my setup is an MII10000, 30GB 2.5" HDD, a slimline DVD drive, 512mb of ram, and a geforce MX4000, the power supply similator says it will only draw .26A on the 12V line (that's with an M10000, it didn't have the option for an MII10000), however that's not considering the video card so i'm not sure how much that will draw off the 12V line.

also if it does look like it's over the PSU's limit would one of those car adaptors that can be switched between 6-12v have a regulator in them and regulate it enough to be acceptable? if not where could I buy a 12V regulator that's adiquate for the monitor?
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT, Samsung Galaxy Tab install

Just connect it to the car's 12v. Do you care that the screen may go off briefly during crank?
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT

AMD Sempron 3100, Biostar K8NHA PRO mobo, 512 meg DDR, WD 200 gig SATA, Opus 150, Xenarc
    JBL GTi 6.5 fr, JBL 5.25 rr, (3) JBL 75x2 & 1 1200x1 amps, PA MOFO 12 sub

Comment

I don't care about it turning off for a few seconds during the crank, just worried about it damaging the screen eventualy, read another post where someone said that eventualy fried their lilliput.
      2005 Dodge Magnum RT, Samsung Galaxy Tab install

Comment

bump

im wondering the same thing

Comment

Don't connect it to the battery! Car's voltage can range from 11v to something like 16v. connect it to your PSU.
          PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
          GammaControl v2.4
          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Here is a link to a similar discussion. check it out.
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...threadid=23204

Final Touches

Car: 2002 Mitsubishi Magna EI
            CarPC: SP13000, M2-ATX, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB 2.5" HD, X-Fi Sound Card, Xenarc 700TSV, Garmin 18 USB.
            Audio: 2X15" Rockford Punch Z, 1 Rockford Punch 2-ch Amp, 1 Soundstream Lil Wonder II 4-ch Amp

Comment

The Xenarc is made to work with 11 to 24 volts input - it's embossed on the back of the case. The included cigarette lighter adapter is just a direct connection; it has no voltage regulation.

On the Lilliput you have to worry about input voltages (that's why it includes the "egg") but Xenarc is built for it.
              2005 Subaru Legacy GT

AMD Sempron 3100, Biostar K8NHA PRO mobo, 512 meg DDR, WD 200 gig SATA, Opus 150, Xenarc
              JBL GTi 6.5 fr, JBL 5.25 rr, (3) JBL 75x2 & 1 1200x1 amps, PA MOFO 12 sub

Comment

Still safer to power it from the 12v rail of a PS. Less chance for 'bad things' to happen.
                TruckinMP3
                D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Originally posted by TruckinMP3
                  Still safer to power it from the 12v rail of a PS. Less chance for 'bad things' to happen.
                  Yeh, plus you won't get flicker.
                  PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by TruckinMP3
                    How do you connect it to the PSU?
                    -------------------------
                    carputer: in progress
                    Laptop install

Comment

I hacked up a 4 pin molex splice from a fan. The yellow wire is +12v either of the black wires is ground.
                      Match up the 2 wires from the LCD to the 2 from the molex connector.... then you can change PS and still have the LCD.

Solder or crimp connectors to attache the wires.
                      TruckinMP3
                      D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Working...
                      X