Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting up Xenarc with other non-Xenarc monitors?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up Xenarc with other non-Xenarc monitors?

I'd like to setup a Xenarc in the front obviously at the dash, but I'd like to install two regular 7" monitors for the headrests.

Does the Xenarc have regular video out? Or would I need to do this at the PC?

Apologies in advance if this has been asked - but Xenarc just pulls up too many search results..I've been reading for quite a while with no answer to the question.

Thanks!
    [ 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S | Dark Slate | CVT | HTC Evo View 4G In-Car Tablet | Interior LEDs | DDM 6000K ]
    [ Massive VK6 Front Stage | 3xJL W610 | Zapco AG750 | Alpine MRPF240 | Clarion EQS746 ]

The xenarc does not have any video output, you will need a splitter or a video card with dual outputs.
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Is splitting the signal over rca cable going to work OK?
      [ 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S | Dark Slate | CVT | HTC Evo View 4G In-Car Tablet | Interior LEDs | DDM 6000K ]
      [ Massive VK6 Front Stage | 3xJL W610 | Zapco AG750 | Alpine MRPF240 | Clarion EQS746 ]

Comment

I'm considering the same type of setup. Yea, I think we'd need a video card with RCA out, or in most of today's cards; S-Video Out w/RCA converter dongle, then attach that to an RCA splitter to the two headrest monitors. Unless they are s-video inputs on those 2 headrest monitors, I guess there are s-video splitters, havn't looked into this, as I will just go the cheap way for the rear people lol.
        -GiZak-
        Carputer Project: 98% Complete!! *tweakin'*
        Xenarc 7TSV | Opus 150 | Biostar M7NCG400 | Athlon Mobile2200 | Seagate 160Gb | Kingston 2x256mb | BT Holux GR-231 GPS | LiteOn CD-R/DVD| Keyhole Rev. Cam | Zippy Mini-glow Keyboard

Comment

I've been running a Xenarc (touchscreen front) and Lilli (touchscreen rear) using a simple vga splitter with no apparent loss of quality.
          Budman
          Xenarc PC, dual 7" touchscreens, 512mb, 20g, dvd, Earthmate GPS, Keyspan remote control, voice control for media, 8-in-1 card reader, Bluetooth Razr, 54mbps 802.11g wireless.
          Honda Element Carputer

Comment

Now what if I don't have a video source that has RCA/S-V out? I wasn't planning on getting a video card seperate of the on-board video, and on-board doesn't have RCA video out... and I'm planning on using two non-VGA monitors for the back..

Is my only solution to add a different video card?

Comment

Working...
            X