X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWW-7VGA assistance

da me la nalga has a similar problem over in:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...threadid=40498
    I just didn't want to jack his thread...

A little backstory...I bought the DWW-7VGA back in October from DigitalWW, but I hadn't gotten around to testing it until last night (silly me). Anyway, my problem is that I get absolutely no video. The unit powers up, but there is nothing displayed. For clairity, I'll list the steps I've taken thus far:

01) Lowered my resolution on my home PC to 800x640 (lowest it would go)
    02) Powered down the PC/disconnected PC LCD
    03) Connected the unit's 12v to PSU 12v (red to red)
    04) Connected the unit's Gnd to PSU Gnd (black to black)
    05) Connected the unit's VGA cable to my PC
    06) Power on the PC (unit powers up automatically)
    07) Played w/ the front buttons to try & get it to work to no avail.
    08) Double and triple checked all connections.
    09) Repeated the entire process on my CarPC HW (in house) w/ the same results.

I've sent an email to Armen about this, asking what else I should try. I'm pretty sure it's not user error, but I could be wrong. Any advice would be ideal...
    "I'm a dick!"
    "I must seek knowledge and it's bastard son truth" - The State

I just noticed CdRsKuLL's reply in da me la nalga's thread:

"9/10 times you get this black screen its the connector not pushed in far enough, just pull it apart and try it again.. honest it will solve your problem..."

This suggestion is a good one, however I'm not sure which connector he is referring to and if it's an internal connection, then I'm not going to rip this bad boy open (for fear of voiding the warranty)...
    "I'm a dick!"

Comment

Yea, so my dumb *** under powered the unit. I was originally trying to power it from my PSU. I decided to try my 13.8, 3A supply from Radio Shack & that powered the unit up nicely. Go figure...I need to contact Armen & tell him that all is well...
      "I'm a dick!"

Comment

Note that in a PC power supply, red is the 5V line. Yellow is the 12V line that you want to hook the display to.
        System status: in progress

Comment

Yea, that was my mistake, it hit me like 3hrs after I posted, but couldn't get back to fix it until Sunday night at like 2am...Kind of like a doh-moment (think Homer) on my part...

EDIT: I'm just glad I was underpowering it as opposed to overpowering it or even reversing polarity...
          "I'm a dick!"

Comment

Working...
          X