in dash housing from Digitalwww

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in dash housing from Digitalwww

Ok, my car pc is about ready for a go. I have the xenarc 700tsv. Now I see that digitalwww sell's in case housing. Curious to see how many people have bought it, and installed an xenarc 700tsv in it? If so any problems? I am not afraid of any soldering or such (done tons of console mods). Also how does it look finished, and does the monitor pull out easily?
    Just would like to know before I purchase the in dash housing.

Thanks

if you are consearned about the pull out thing, wait untill he gets the motorised indash housing. that'll take care of it.

Comment

Also wondering the same as I pondering getting the housing?

any opinions?
      -------------------------
      carputer: in progress
      Laptop install

Comment

I'll let you know...

I'll have one in a couple of days.
        I'll post a review.
        -D

Comment

the housing will be available on Feb 1st, but not the complete unit until end of February.
          "If it works this good why F with it?" -KMFDM "Intro"

Strive for ethical wardriving: http://faq.wardrive.net/

My CarCPUs: v1 - 2000 | v2 - 2004
          Mp3Car Meets: http://detrimental.org/eyecandy/MP3CarMeets

Comment

i have the lilliput with indash housing. I purchased it as a complete unit from digitalww and its great. Its got a really good tilt feel for moving from driver view to passenger view. I've had mine for about 2 months now and haven't had any problems.

Comment

Thnaks, I think I will order mine this week, and install it myself. However surprised no one has ordered one from the past and installed themselves. That was what I was hopeing to hear feedback on, however knowing that the lillput in the unit is working nice, is good to hear. Well when I get mine, I will post with results on how easy/hard it was to install xenarc in housing. I am not worried about a motorized screen.

Thanks

Comment

Well got my non-motorized housing today, now time to dismantle the xenarc and put it in this housing. I will post results and time that it takes. I think this unit will be better than the motorized unit because less parts you have to worry about breaking. The unit looks real nice. Now I did find that you can purchase this unit with a panasonic screen in it for 159. (google it), however I didnt need the screen since I already own the xenarc.

I would be interested if anyone found any good sites that sell the touch screen kit your self cheap. I did find some places in china but nothing for 7 inch screen.

Well I am off to get the xenarc fit into this housing.

Comment

Let us know how the housing and Xenarc install goes
                  Laptop install

Comment

I should have one too

... in a couple days.
                    I will let you guys know what I think and take a bunch of pics.

Comment

Update.....Ok took my Xenarc 700TSV apart and after making minor modifications to the in dash housing have the screen, board, and controller with new button controller wired to the xenarc. Now I ran into a problem. The video cable that shipes with the xenarc 700tsv, the casing is to big and WILL NOT fit into the monitor housing. This is a show stopper, I left Armen a message at digitalww.com so hopeing to get a resolution. Other than that his pics are good to use for install, however there are a few things that you need to know. When working with the new controller you need to know which side of the buttons are ground and which are signal so that when you solder, you solder it corectly. Armen was very helpful in talking to me over the phone and telling me which was ground.
                      You can get away with cutting some of the traces on the controller and use less wires. Just need to tone out the controller. Also you can get away with not removing the power conector on the xenarc board. Just solder the wires underneath but make sure you solder the positive and negative to the correct location and than put electrical tape over after soldering (Just preventive caution).
                      So I willl follow up after the video cable problem is resolved. I do know that DigitalWW sells these all ready to go, I think its worth it because you dont have to deal with the headaches and hes done many of them. I just wanted the xenarc screen, and when I ordered digitalww was only lillput, however I dont think thats the case anymore.

Comment

OK, I found solution for those wanting to get the indash housing from digitalww I was able to remove the plastic casing around vga cable. This allowed me to bend the cable in order to get the back cover on the monitor. Hooked up to battery and everything is working with the button pcb mod. Just make sure you have all dust removed from the screen. I had to take mine back apart to remove a little dog hair that got lodged between screen and touchscreen.

So for those that were weary of getting the in dash housing.......well dont worry, It will take some time, but I can see after you do one that if you plan on doing anymore, it shouldnt take no more than 1-2 hours.

Well looks like I will be able to get this thing in my truck soon. I'll have pictures hopefully in a few weeks. For those that get this casing and trying to get xenarc if feel free to pm me.

Comment

I would assume doing this mod would void the Xenarc warranty?
                          Laptop install

Comment

Working...
                          X