New Lilliput XGA Model? 629GL-70NP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lilliput XGA Model? 629GL-70NP

I would really like to know if this is a new model and if anyone has used one.

It has 2400 x 480 dots?

Thanks,
    Mike
    05 MINI Cooper Cabrio "Mac MINI"
    progress 95%- Mac Mini, Lilliput 7" , usb-wifi, Rayming GPS, Route 66,easy cat touch pad, CCAR front end"skinned",P1900 power supply

Yeah I saw these as well. Details here. Looks really interesting. I'm hoping it will be a better fit for a double din slot. Has anywhere started selling them yet? Other than people on ebay.
    Hardware:- VIA EPIA MII 12000 LVDS 1.2Ghz : 137.95 + 512Mb PC2100 DDR Memory : 49.34 + Opus 150w Shuttle PSU: 128 + 7 Lilliput 629 Touchscreen: 173.90 + 2.5 40Gb 5200rpm Laptop Drive + Slotload Laptop CD-RW/DVD-ROM + Hauppage WinTV-PCI-FM : 53.95

Comment

New model, same resolution as the previous though... our beloved 800x480
      Maybe the build quality is better..
      Peugeot 306 - 1994 chassis with 1998 engine, electronics and leather interior. Full phase 2 conversion.

Have: Intel 'Seabreeze' D845GVSRL Motherboard, Celeron 2.0GHz, 512MB DDR
      Next: Motorised VGA Touchscreen (end feb woohoo!)

Comment

Originally posted by FireAnt
        It has 2400 x 480 dots?
        2400 horizontal dots = 800 pixels.
        2004 4runner

Comment

has anyone got the dimensions of this screen??

I was just about to buy a 619GL-70NP

but if the new one is a better fit....

i have 2.5 DIN.... so close..

Comment

http://www.fpdisplay.com/product_pho...o_2310_big.jpg this picture is manipulated.

Lokk at the lilliput text
            Project done in: [####################] - 85%
            - Custom center console
            - Custom trunk
            Se my project here

Comment

yeah i just pointed that out to a mate a few mins ago. what a **** way to advertise your screen...

Comment

another shocker..

http://www.ex-audio.net/shop/images/xga.jpg

look how the window is off the screen on the right. looks like another doctored photo

Comment

Originally posted by soundoff
                  another shocker..

http://www.ex-audio.net/shop/images/xga.jpg

look how the window is off the screen on the right. looks like another doctored photo

uhm, you might try restoring your windows down and trying to drag them off screen and tell me if its possible or not...

But a word for the wise, most people doctor their pics of lcds because there is a horrible glare if you use flash. Most pics are screen shots taken at a similar resolution then scaled down, rather than taking a poor looking photo. Only thing you should worry about is if its like the above post, where they actually doctored the hardware photo.

Comment

U can take take ok pics of lcd's. Here is an example. It's a bit big so 56kers be warned.

Comment

Originally posted by j4yj0hn
                      uhm, you might try restoring your windows down and trying to drag them off screen and tell me if its possible or not...
                      uhm, explain to me exactly how restoring your window down and trying to drag it off the screen results in the top corner being off screen and the bottom being on screen...

Anyone bought one of these yet??

Comment

I think the new model has a different TS overlay as Mo at Lilliput UK says that they were trying to source different parts for the new model to cure the deads TS problem.

On the old ones (--> 2004) the bonding glue that holds the two plastic sheets together seems to melt with the heat that the screens internal circuitry creates.

The new one also has more vent holes in the back.

So for every one with the previous model, chop a hole in the back and mount a 40mm quiet fan on there and that will stop or at least delay your TS failing.
                        My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                        NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

"Mount type: Dash boar"

wonder if the new screen has blue backlit buttons
                          PC Components:
                          Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                          My work log

Comment

Working...
                          X