So it finally happened to me.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it finally happened to me.

I was reloading the carputer because I got a new mobo and cpu. I had just finished windows updates and installing all of my software and my Lilliput shut off by itself. I didn't touch it or anything, it just shut off. I checked to see if it was too hot or anything but it was just warm. Nothing out of the ordinary I don't think. It haven't been able to turn it back on at all. Npt with the button or with the remote. I have checked some points on the board and it has power. My question for the Lilliput experts is what else can I check? What component(s) can I test and what values should I be looking for. I am no electrical guru but not a dummy either and I have a dmm. I'd hate to have to send it in to be fixed when I was ready to put it back into my truck. Does Armen fix this kind of thing if I can't find the problem myself. I can't send it to Hong Kong since I have done Armen's in-dash mod to it. Thanks in advance for any help.
    7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
    ATVMS.com

Okay, so nobody has an answer. Can somebody at least tell me if Armen fixes this kind of thing?
    7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
    ATVMS.com

Comment

try a different power adapter, maybe that one blew, try the egg in your car
      PC Components:
      Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
      My work log

Comment

No power adapter. I am running it off my power supply and have already taken my meter to my board and the power is there. I'm just not sure what else to check on the board.
        ATVMS.com

Comment

why dont you just check it with a different power source? it doesnt hurt to try! use the egg with dc or the ac wall adapter. you never know!
          i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

I appreciate the suggestion but what good would that do me as the way it is setup right now is how it is going in the car. If it doesn't work the way it has been working for months and the way it will be running in the car then it needs to be fixed. My power supply is giving me 12.1 volts at the board.
            ATVMS.com

Comment

Anybody know?
              ATVMS.com

Comment

there is a ribbon cable inside that runs to you're buttons if that is not exactly right is doesn't turn on, open it (carefully) you better do it inside reattach that cable (its the small ribbon cable NOT the one that goes to you're lcd panel you better not touch that. just reattach the otherone and try it out if it doesn;t work try to put is a bit to the left or right (there is a bit room to the left and right).
                my destinator map resource down permanently

Comment

I have done the indash mod from digitalww so there is no button ribbon cable. I tested the wires just in case and they are working.
                  ATVMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by sfay93
                    I have done the indash mod from digitalww so there is no button ribbon cable. I tested the wires just in case and they are working.
                    ok didn't know that, but my ribbon cable was fine just not attached the right way (bumps in the car?)
                    my destinator map resource down permanently

Comment

I hacke dup my TM-701L myself and what I've realized is that no matter now careful you are on it...once you open those suckers up, they will never be the same as the day you bought them. It's alwas a hack job at best. Things are always bound to go wrong. Don't mean to rant, but damnit, I'm bitter.

Comment

the ccfl backlight?

Comment

And how would I test that? I am open to any suggestions.
                          ATVMS.com

Comment

if its the ccfl backlight, the light button at the bottom would still turn on. the only thign is the screen would stay dark, and under certain lighting conditions you would be able to see movement when sending a signal to your screen
                            PC Components:
                            Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                            My work log

Comment

Yep, that's what I thought. I had kind of ruled that out already. I don't have lights on my buttons since the mod but I had been looking at the monitor in different light from different angles to see if there was anything there but I don't see it.

I have to ask again. Does anyone know if Armen looks at this kind of thing and can he fix it or am I going to have to send it to HK? They probably won't even touch it since I have put it into the indash case.
                              ATVMS.com

Comment

Working...
                              X