Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misleading Forum title

Hello again,

I think that this forum must be renamed to Lilliput/Xenarc support forum.
    The title LCD/Display is misleading.
    A great percentage of the posts, concerns lilliputs, xenarcs or the same models labeled differently.
    I recently read a post, concerning a Sharp LCD display, and what i found!!!!!
    Surprise!!!! the suggestion was: do nothing. Drop your screen and buy a lilliput.
    Come-on guys. I remember that 2 years ago, this forum REALY HELP me to
    understand how to put an LCD, Controller and Touchscreen to work.
    FIAT Multipla MP3/TFT 10.4

The title is fine. The thing is that most people use Lilli's and Xenarc's so that is the majority of what you will see threads about.
    Spent so far: $1,755
    Check Out My Work Log for Specs/Pics
    CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
    Don't mess with Texas.
    It's not nice to pick on retards!

Comment

i use a PSone LCD

Comment

Originally posted by BigAkis
        Hello again,

I think that this forum must be renamed to Lilliput/Xenarc support forum.
        The title LCD/Display is misleading.
        A great percentage of the posts, concerns lilliputs, xenarcs or the same models labeled differently.
        Surprise!!!! the suggestion was: do nothing. Drop your screen and buy a lilliput.
        Two years ago, there wasn't a ready-made product available, so the only option was to cobble something together.
        We're realists.
        For most people, it's easier and cheaper to purchase a new LCD like the Xenarcs or Liliputs than it is to cobble together a solution from a screen like the Sharp.
        I'm not saying it can't be done. It probably can. But is it worth the time, energy and money it would take to pul that off? For most people, the answer is probably "no".
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAkis
          Hello again,

That post you read was nearly 4 years old and the response to it was a recent post appearently made in fun. Read the rest of the posts and numerous other ones in different forums. Old posts have risen from the dead and are wandering aimlessly around the forum! Thanks for your concern and attempt to contribute an answer however.
          Rick S.

XP Pro SP2, Soyo P4RC350 MB, Nvidia FX5200, 320W PS, Inverter & uSDC20D, 2.4GHz CeleronD320, 512MB DDR, 30GB 3.5", Pioneer 106s Slot DVD, Linksys WMP54G WiFi, Lilliput 7" & 4" TFT LCD, Zippy EL610 Keyboard, Touchpad, Garmin GPS V

Comment

You are right. i did'nt noticed the post date.
            FIAT Multipla MP3/TFT 10.4

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
              For most people, it's easier and cheaper to purchase a new LCD like the Xenarcs or Liliputs than it is to cobble together a solution from a screen like the Sharp.
              I'm not saying it can't be done. It probably can. But is it worth the time, energy and money it would take to pul that off? For most people, the answer is probably "no".
              I agree, the Xenarcs and Liliputs are probably the best solution for many people out there. But they're certainly not the end-all. Ultimately, it's up to the individual to decide where they stand on the cost/benefit scale, and ideally we help each other make informed decision to that end. I wish people wouldn't issue so many knee-jerk "get a xenarc" responses to people's questions. If they asked "what do you think it the best solution for most people", sure, that's a good answer, but not when they're asking more specific questions.

Just my $.02.

Comment

Working...
              X