Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powering PSOne LCD with car adapter?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if it is possible for me to power my LCD with a 12V car adapter? I'll chop off the cigarrete part and wire the pos/neg wire to the head unit's power wire. Do you guys think that would work?

Originally posted by yellowfellow21
    Hey guys,

I was wondering if it is possible for me to power my LCD with a 12V car adapter? I'll chop off the cigarrete part and wire the pos/neg wire to the head unit's power wire. Do you guys think that would work?
    If its 12v then just hook it up to your PSU.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

The PSOne LCD takes 7.5V. The car adapter would take 12V in and put outs 7.5. So I figure I could just chop the cig adapter and wire it straight to the PSU and have the other end plugs into the PSOne power plug. Would this work? I don't see any problem with it but I want to get second opinions b4 I do cut it off. Any input would be appreciated

Comment

it should work just fine. a similar method is used by some people to make the screen run off of batteries.
        softmodded xbox, PSOne screen, inverter. simple and effective. Combine with PDA and head unit with aux input, and we're having a wonderful time.

Comment

Working...
        X