Newbie Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Question

I looked all around but couldn't find the answer I was looking for, so no or .

I bought the Digital WW screen, the 7" kit, where the heck do I hook up the power?? I'm befuddled, or blind one of the two.

Thanks in advance,
    Ed.

It looks like there is a connection on the VGA board, a black connector, but it came with no plug.

Anyone familiar with this?? I'd like to hook it up this weekend, but don't want to fry it.

Comment

There is a black power connector in the corner of the main circuit board below the ribbon cable and the VGA cable. I think the polarity is unconventional i.e. -ve on the inside and +ve on the outside but don't take my word for it and search "Xenarc polarity" or "Xenarc power" as i think it should be a Xenarc LCD (might have 'gain' written on the LCd controller board). Also please use descriptive threads titles as "newbie Question" could be anything so people searching for the same info later might miss your thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
        There is a black power connector in the corner of the main circuit board below the ribbon cable and the VGA cable. I think the polarity is unconventional i.e. -ve on the inside and +ve on the outside but don't take my word for it and search "Xenarc polarity" or "Xenarc power" as i think it should be a Xenarc LCD (might have 'gain' written on the LCd controller board). Also please use descriptive threads titles as "newbie Question" could be anything so people searching for the same info later might miss your thread.

Will do, thanks.

I was looking at it and there is a pin. And there is a terminal side, if that makes any sense. I'm trying to decipher, but since they come with 0 instruction I'm a little nervous.

Comment

have you never seen a power connector before?? There is a central pin and an outer contact. One is +ve, 1 is -ve. I have a Xenarc module with no connector - need to find out which part of the board is +ve and which is -ve! doh!

Comment

Figured it out, thanks.

Yes, I've seen a power connector before, but the way this one is set up is new to me. Not like I can just

Comment

Working...
            X