Help choosing motorized screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help choosing motorized screen

well, I only have one din left so I need to get a motorized monitor. I have been looking at different monitors resolutions and the vga type screens just have a much higher resolution than that of the regular tv type that are generally in the motorized ones. So, how good of resolution is suffecient to be able to see GPS maps relatively clearly? 1440 x 234 Dots ? thats seams to be the best that i can afford

there are not currently any monitors that can do what you want.
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Originally posted by wizardPC
      there are not currently any monitors that can do what you want.
      If there were I would have bought one already. I think you might be looking for the screen that is planned to come out at the end of February. I could be mistaken.
      Dak TruckPuter:

Mac: - Researching and Awaiting Funds

Changed to planning for a Mac Mini Trukputer...w3rd.

Comment

No, I saw that one that is comming out. I am looking at normal car monitors with RCA inputs, like Clarion, Kenwood, ect. The best of those I can afford is 1440 x 234 Dots Resolution. Is that sufficient or will i not be able to read text like street names and such?
        thanks

Comment

in real terms remember, the resolution of that monitor is 480x234.. twin that with composite input and you'd find it difficult to use GPS applications. MP3 DVD etc fine, but GPS probably not.

Considering current prices, it would be a bad decision to introduce a weak link in such an important place. Either buy and fabricate a lilliput or xenarc, or wait for the one coming out (hopefully) soon.

Saying that, if you really had to, im sure you could cope with a composite screen. It really is about whether you can personally tolerate it.

hth
          Peugeot 306 - 1994 chassis with 1998 engine, electronics and leather interior. Full phase 2 conversion.

Have: Intel 'Seabreeze' D845GVSRL Motherboard, Celeron 2.0GHz, 512MB DDR
          Next: Motorised VGA Touchscreen (end feb woohoo!)

Comment

you want to look at maps on a composite screen? Get a VGA one. Check out the digitalww ones coming out or get the non-motorized Xenarc when it comes out on the mp3car shop.

Comment

Pixel count doesnt do anything for you with a screen like this.

You could hook up your carputer to a 42" plasma screen and still not be able to read anything if you use NTSC hookups.
              Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
              Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
              I'M DEBT FREE!!
              I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

thanks guys, that definitly makes a huge difference in my decision. i guess ill go with the lilliput vga one that everyone is using and buy that pull out din adapter. again, the help for the newbie is apreciated.

Comment

hey eclipse03gts... i have a 00 gt and i have the digitallww pull out screen.. it fits in there, BUT it is very tough to mount it. If the 03 and 00 eclipses have the same DIN size and the mounting is the same u will probably not like it.. go to the dww website and check out the differences between the pull out and the motorized screen. U will notice the pull out one is wider than the motoriized. I allready ordered the motorized and i will let you know if it comes out fast.. they are both one din but the pull out is kinda wider in the front... i dont have any pics... hope this helps..
                  -VIA EPIA M10000/512MB/40GB HD
                  -DWW motorized 7'
                  -BU 303 GPS w/iGuidance/ CF
                  -Opus90w
                  -Belkin Bluetooth
                  -Pioneer HU

[||||||||||] 95% done

Comment

Working...
                  X