Should I upgrade to a Xenarc?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I upgrade to a Xenarc?

I have a lilliput touchscreen which is ok but wish it had better colours and a display that I can see in sunlight. The black looks a little washed out and get interference on screen from maybe the egg but could always solve that problem.

I have read the Xenarc is a better screen but is it that much better to sell my lilliput and buy a Xenarc.

I'd stick with the classic saying of if it ain't broke...don't fix it.
    Dak TruckPuter:

Mac: - Researching and Awaiting Funds

Changed to planning for a Mac Mini Trukputer...w3rd.

Comment

Yes, the xenarc is better, but I don't think its worth getting one if you already have a working lilliput. The display and colors may be a little better, but it still won't let you see it in the sunlight and I can only notice the differences when comparing them side by side.
      StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
      Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
      The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

How about Starvision SP7 upgrade to lili or Xenarc?

I finally have my hardware in the car and I am not too happy with my starvision SP7 monitor. The viewing angle is quite bad, and I can't see anything in direct sunlight without really straining. How much better is a lilli or Xenarc? Are we talking marginally better or is it worth it to upgrade?

Also, I've taken apart my monitor and am wondering if I can switch out the panel with a brighter, higher quality panel and reuse the vga board, inverter and touch screen?

Thanks,

-momanz
        Carputer installed!!!
        Nlited XP+Minlogon, EpiaM10k, 512mb, Seagate 40 gig 2.5" HD, FM Dlink usb radio, DWL122 USB Wifi, XMD1000 tuner, PT5071 6 amp regulator, Xenarc 700TSV, and 1 ikea key box.

Comment

Just my totally bias and ***-in-ine opinion... The Xenarc is the ONLY screen worth considering.

Lilliput.... just search on this forum... more "problem" posts than "happy" posts BY FAR....

Look at Lilliputs website, they can't even spell Quality correctly. What does that tell you.

Lilliputs are junk, Xenarcs are decent......

But ask 100 people here and you will get 113 different opinions... so make your own call... I already did... XENARC

Comment

Loving my Xenarc. Had a crappy monitor before, the Xenarc is brighter, crisper, and better all around than that, although it was not a Lilli.

All I can say is that it is a good screen, loving it.
            Originally posted by ghettocruzer
            I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
            Want to:
            -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
            -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Hmmmm. Looks like a Xenarc it is. I've been sifting through the posts and it seems like the lillis can do the job if you get a good one. The only thing holding me back at this point is the fact that the monitor will be coming out of it's case once I get it and I'd hate to trash an expensive monitor.

-momanz
              Carputer installed!!!
              Nlited XP+Minlogon, EpiaM10k, 512mb, Seagate 40 gig 2.5" HD, FM Dlink usb radio, DWL122 USB Wifi, XMD1000 tuner, PT5071 6 amp regulator, Xenarc 700TSV, and 1 ikea key box.

Comment

Working...
              X