No announcement yet.

xenerc or lilliput LCD mount question/advice

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xenerc or lilliput LCD mount question/advice

First post to the boards. Long time reader.

I have finally dove into the CarPC building. I have most of my parts ready, but have yet to decide on a LCD. I'm looking at either the Xenerc or the Lilliput offer on this site (7" size). The only reason I haven't decided is because I want to know the best possible combination for mounting in my situation.

My car is a 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis (Think Ford Crown Vic with more fake wood trim). Right now I'm thinking about doing the Gooseneck mount idea. However, I have some questions about:

1. How stable is a mount like this (as far as shaking at different speeds and such)?

2. Which one of the above displays has the most mounting solutions?

3. Anyone else out there with a similar car that has mounted one of these screens? I would like to see some pics if you have them.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
    "What's your robot do?" "First it collects data about the surrounding enviroment. Then it discards it and drives into walls."

i like the lilliput :-D BLUE LEDS!!!!! hahha i think the xenerc is more stable not sure havnt checked it out most of the screens i buy r lilliput good for price and quality