Help needed with 8.4" Dennis K kit!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with 8.4" Dennis K kit!!!

Have anybody any experience with this particular setup? My problem consists of 3 parts:
    1) the only windows resolution the controller accepts is 640x480 (any other causes the picture to become shifted halfway out of the screen and the OSD says something like "Frequency out of range")
    2) the color depth is wery poor (I think it's even less than 16 bit color and videos look wery bad on it) despite the fact Windows are set to 32 bit color and the picture is OK on other monitors
    3) the picture in that operational 640x480 mode is shifted some 3 mm up so there is a grey line under the picture and the top of the picture is chopped off. Auto-adjust do not correct this. Manual adjust as well...

The display panel is Sharp LQ9D-166, the LCD controller is Eagle Vision Talon A.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I beleive your panel is only capible of 640x480
    My Install

Software:
    CFiG v1
    iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
    Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
    StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

Originally posted by alti
      I beleive your panel is only capible of 640x480
      I know it, but the controller should be capable to convert some other display modes to that native panel resolution. And how about other problems (color depth, shifted picture) - maybe this is because of wrong hirose cable pinout problems or something like that? Maybe it depends on the power supply quality (if the voltage is too low or some 50-60 Hz mains noise exsists)? Or the controller is defective? Anyone here who has the datasheet for the controller mentioned above?

Comment

check with the company and see if they have a spec sheet and a list of supported panels. I do not know anything about that controller/lcd but generally the pinouts will consist of a certian number of bits per color (mine is 6 bit per color), gnds, vcc's, dotclock, vsync, hsync, without haveing the spec sheet on your controller it is hard to say, but i doubt it is wired wrong as I think that would cause it to fail. noise or a loose conection are possible.

try a software like power strip that allows you to customize everything from resolutions to refresh rates.
        My Install

Software:
        CFiG v1
        iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

I've done but only info on the controller I've found was http://www.evdisplays.com/talon.htm - there is stated that this board features scaling and color interpolation, that converts virtually any display mode to be displayed on the LCD panel at it's best...

Has anybody the datasheet for the Talon controller? Help!!!!

I've red something about pinout problems for this controller here on MP3Car.com, but could it cause my problems? There was said that the wrong pinout caused some "red pixel" problems... If any of you have this particualr controller type, could you quote your board's BIOS version number to compare to mine? Maybe the BIOS should be updated for this board to behave properly?

Comment

Anybody - help!!!

Anybody - help!!!

That guy who sold me this kit (Dennis K or GOODSGURU) says he can't help me with anything technical. He says he has sold over 100 of these kits and someone here should know how to solve my problem...

So, come on, guys! Give me a helping hand!

Comment

controller/lcd problems are a real pain, I know I just went through one that spaned more then 3 months. There has got to be a datasheet on that controller somewhere, without you have no way to check the pin outs on the cable. maybe if you email the comtroller company? find out who there distributers are too, maybe they had the sheets. that is how i got alot of the info i needed. I tried doing a coulpe of quick searchs on you controller and did not find anything either.
              My Install

Software:
              CFiG v1
              iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

Thanks, alti!
                If anyone else can help - you are wellcome!

Comment

Working...
                X