5" LCD questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5" LCD questions

I've got a 5" LCD that wont seem to show video connected to the 12v Line of an ATX power supply... I'm wondering if its because its not getting enough power... Can anyone varify this ?
    Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
    Via EPIA MII
    512MB RAM
    OEM GPS (embedded)
    nLite WinXP pro on
    1GB Extreme III CF card
    Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
    Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

I assume it works when given some other source of 12V power? (in other words, it's not just broken)

I think most (all?) ATX PSUs will shut down if overdrawn, which makes me think that wouldn't be your problem. If you have a multimeter, check the voltage on the 12V line while in use.

Comment

I haven't tested it anywhere else this is the first time. I'm thinking that because vehicle voltages are really usually a little more than 12v the LCD is just being touchy... It's brand new out of the package...

Trouble is, I assumed it was working and went ahead and mounted it in the sunvisor already....
      Via EPIA MII
      512MB RAM
      OEM GPS (embedded)
      nLite WinXP pro on
      1GB Extreme III CF card

Comment

Your car's voltage runs high when the engine is on, but your ATX PSU should be outputting 12V spot on (well, within a few %).

You should isolate the problem before doing anything else. Plug it into a standard PSU with an extension cord or some other 12V source and see if it works.

Comment

Got it, it was indeed the test bench. The screen works, just wont power up with anything less or equal to 12v.
          Via EPIA MII
          512MB RAM
          OEM GPS (embedded)
          nLite WinXP pro on
          1GB Extreme III CF card

Comment

Working...
          X