Break open the Lilliput

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break open the Lilliput

Has anyone successfully removed the enclosure from a lilliput? I have plans to remove the enclosure from the monitor, rid myself of the surroung etc, and I'm going to attempt to remove the buttons and extend their ribbons or cables (haven't looked inside to see which yet.)

A guy at my work is an electrical engineer and is going to do alot of the customizations to the elctronics for me, but I have a 2000 camry and I want to either mount the screen where stock 2 din radio is, or below the hvac.

Anyone anyone?!?

:-D its pritty easy if u get it right takes a couple trys and personaly put it in the double din i used to have a 92 camry pritty much same crap but it would look good thre and its ezy cuz its a perfect square which u can cut to ur lilliput size :-D

Comment

Yes! Actually the lilliput screen ( the actual screen itself ) is identical to the size of the opening for the head unit. I'm going to then move my alphine down to the location where existing ashtry and such is. I will lose my secondary oem 12v plug but I'm going to move it to glove box anyways.... Thanks xdjxklusivex!

Comment

Have you checked the guide on digitalww.com?
        EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

hey cyst thats what i did... i busted out my ac vent and headunit spot for the screen... closed off the air vent... then i put my headunit where my ash tray was... i just hacked the power wires off the cig lighter cuz its already a ACC on fuse... so that made life easier no need to run wires... theres a huge spot behind my screen now so i can acctuly pack soem stuf back there ;-) hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by cyst
            Has anyone successfully removed the enclosure from a lilliput? I have plans to remove the enclosure from the monitor, rid myself of the surroung etc, and I'm going to attempt to remove the buttons and extend their ribbons or cables (haven't looked inside to see which yet.)

A guy at my work is an electrical engineer and is going to do alot of the customizations to the elctronics for me, but I have a 2000 camry and I want to either mount the screen where stock 2 din radio is, or below the hvac.

Anyone anyone?!?
            Get a digicam ready and take snapshot of every step of the openning process. Trust me, you will need it later because you haven't done much reading on this forum regarding to the lilliput problem and how to advoid the same mistake other made.

Keep reading any thread that has the word "lilliput" in there before you crack open that case.
            2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
            89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
            Y2K Accord Dell GX150
            RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
            EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

yuppp matrix is right i messed up my first one luckly the guy i got it from was really nice and said he would exchange it with a brand new one even though i had already molded the front bezel into the dash... took 1 month for it to come but it was shure worth it... i was scared as hell to open it up and put it together! hahah

Comment

Working...
              X