PSone lcd problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSone lcd problems

ok i bought this PSone lcd at toys r us for 20 bucks on clearance...so i wanted to hook it up via VGA...anyways i have soldered the vga plugs (Green, Red, Blue, Csync, hsync, and the RGB grounds together) to the PCB of the lcd input bottom piece...i was unable to find the multi av or female ps1 av plug so i had to go this route...anyways...i cannot get this to work at all...i have a ATI AIW 9700 pro as my primary card and the LCD connected to an ATI 7000 pci card...i am getting like NO PICTURE at all...no flicker...no nothing! this sucks...is there another way of doing this? such as using the wires that connect the LCD to the input board (the8 white, and 2 blue)? i would be greatful for any input at all...especially if pictures are included!

btw this is an NTSC...

.:[ x10's GMLAN ]:.

Sirius Channels Update

http://tidder.rudyatek.com/tidder/lcd/

Did you try this? I guess It wouldnt matter since you have already soldered the joints tho. I'm working on the same mod as you. Did you wire in your Csync/Vsync pins?

EDIT: Have you read this thread? http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthrea...ighlight=psone
    2000 Sunfire build 100%, or is it ever really 100%?

Comment

yeah i read that one...i think i have every thread on the internet about it... ...anyways yeah the csync and hcsync are wired in....i also tried the DCC, i read that this is needed...i dont know...this is hard...other people just soldered it...plugged it in and bam! not me...lol...my luck...i love a challenge...so anyways yeah thats the thread i was talking about...i wonder if it works well that way?

Sirius Channels Update

Comment

make sure its got enough power. I was trying to use a Radio Shack 12v, 500ma adapter and couldnt get a picture. I bought a Sony PS from Ebay and it powers on properly.

Do you see anything on the screen when you adjust the volume or contrast buttons??
        My first carPC!
        MP3/CD player
        Celeron 633MHz - 10GB Seagate - 64MB PC100 - Win XP

Soon to actually find its way into the car!

Comment

Originally posted by hannibal
          make sure its got enough power. I was trying to use a Radio Shack 12v, 500ma adapter and couldnt get a picture. I bought a Sony PS from Ebay and it powers on properly.

Do you see anything on the screen when you adjust the volume or contrast buttons??

yeah...i'm using the sony ps

Sirius Channels Update

Comment

I finally got around to hacking up one of my psone screens for the vga mod.

Using powerstrip, here is how my screen looks...

it's very weird, it's like EVERYTHING except the mouse is corrupted... there's no rolling, no flickering, the colors are perfect ... but background is botched. the mouse pointer is perfect, and is in the perfect place on the screen wherever I move it...

my powerstrip settings: 640x480i, pixel clock is a little over 12.xMhz, refresh rate is around 30Hz, c-sync disabled.

If I ENABLE C-Sync, the screen turns to garbage ... no matter what I can't get it to display. if I DISABLE C-Sync, the pictures above is what i get.. i'm using an ATi 9200

Comment

Originally posted by mattress
              I finally got around to hacking up one of my psone screens for the vga mod.

Using powerstrip, here is how my screen looks...

it's very weird, it's like EVERYTHING except the mouse is corrupted... there's no rolling, no flickering, the colors are perfect ... but background is botched. the mouse pointer is perfect, and is in the perfect place on the screen wherever I move it...

my powerstrip settings: 640x480i, pixel clock is a little over 12.xMhz, refresh rate is around 30Hz, c-sync disabled.

If I ENABLE C-Sync, the screen turns to garbage ... no matter what I can't get it to display. if I DISABLE C-Sync, the pictures above is what i get.. i'm using an ATi 9200

how did u wire urs up and what timings did u use?

Sirius Channels Update

Comment

i used tidder's method ... soldering the vga wires straight to the CN4 wires:
                http://tidder.rudyatek.com/lcd/
                VGA --- CN4
                1 (red) 11
                2 (green) 12
                3 (blue) 9
                6, 7, 8 (RGB Ground) 8
                13, 14 (Hsync/Csync) 5 (i've also tried this without hsync)

power strip continues to give me strange displays the more I play with it...

Comment

what version of powerstrip are you guys using that had success with this LCD screen?

it seems like it's just not drawing my screen correctly ... it will only display something if it's in the upper left corner, and it will give the effect shown above ... kind of stair stepping the image down the screen...

in the pics above, that is my "My Computer" icon...

Comment

ok now i'm getting like lines going up and down and left and right moving all over the place...but its just a black screen...i have like no image at all...

any ideas? i have fussed with the timings for hours now and nothing...just faster and slower moving lines

Sirius Channels Update

Comment

EDIT: Got my vga cable pinned out via continuity check (slaps self) Will try tonight on the Radeon 9000 pro (got a Mystique coming in now).

Comment

What method did you use to configure power strip. Did you do it across a network??
                        My first carPC!
                        MP3/CD player
                        Celeron 633MHz - 10GB Seagate - 64MB PC100 - Win XP

Soon to actually find its way into the car!

Comment

Me? I havent gotten it fully working yet, pinned the vga cable today at work. I have a Radeon 9000 pro with vga and dvi out, and I use a dvi to vga adapter. When I was attempting to configure PS, I was using the Matrox Mystique settings screenshot that is floating around. But I had my vga cable connected incorrectly which I take is why I never got it to work. Should get it tonight on the radeon, if not, my Mystique should be in soon.

Comment

Originally posted by x10
                            ok now i'm getting like lines going up and down and left and right moving all over the place...but its just a black screen...i have like no image at all...

any ideas? i have fussed with the timings for hours now and nothing...just faster and slower moving lines
                            Which video card are you trying this on? The Radeon 7000 may not support a low enough hsync.

Comment

its a Sapphire ATI Radeon 7000 PCI 32MB...how do i know if this card supports hsync?

Sirius Channels Update

Comment

Working...
                              X