Lilliput hell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput hell

After looking at some of the custom installs i decided to give it a go myself.

i think i did a semi decent job but ended up with a white screen.

so i sereched the forums and found that the common problem is the 40 pin ribbon

I then managed to blow the small 1 amp fuse, but managed to replace it(soldered a 1 Amp fuse fire across it).

After waiting for almost three weeks i got the ribbon cables from digitalww but odered the wrong ones. so i redodered the right ones and got them with-in a week (thanks armen).

Still no luck with the white screen. after spending about three hours trying to reseat the damm cable i thinks its capoot. so if no ones got any ideas any one intrested in a possible fried lilliput or any one out there with some lilliput spares??????
    Lilitput 7" touch screen :-( , Epia -M 256ddr, Opus150w,

I have a TView and I had a similar issue.. with mine when I start the truck it turned white instantly.. even when the power buttons was not on.. however if I connected the vga cable to my PC it would work normal..

something happened with my ground, so I connected my vga ground and auto ground line together.. works fine now.

so maybe that will help
    Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

I havent connected the lilliput back to the pc yet becuase of the white screen. if the lillput is not connected to anything it should normally say no signal on a black screen shoudent it.

Comment

yes.. my screen did the same as yours .. try grounding the VGA cable.. just touch the housing to a ground source.. that should do it..

-shawn
        Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

:-( no luck . any other ideas out there??

Comment

bummer.. you could try connecting it to your board.. but do that at your own risk ..

of course I fried 3 PSu's so far.. so .. well yeah..

the problem seems so similar.. don't lilliputs have a warrenty?..
            Shawn

Comment

gose out of the window the moment you start gutting it, respraying it , bonding it with your dash , then again theres probably no harm in asking is there?????

I got mine form ebay posted from hong kong. i dont think it would be worth my time chasing the guy and trying to expalin what ive done as his english is very limited (a lot worser than mine).

i think im having a really **** week. i just recived a DVD/VCD/MP3 etc player this morning which was supposed to have Aux in (180 uk / almost $300 and its of ebay again) ive just emailed the guy expalining what aux in actually is and hes telling me to take to a professional. thank the lord for paypal! haa haa haa

so any one with a cheap lilliput out there????

Comment

it's got to be something simple.

sometimes if I just take something like this apart .. and look it over.. I'll see a loose connection or a burned out component.. ya know..

I wish I knew more about electronics other wise I'd buy it from ya and fix it..
                Shawn

Comment

I had the same problem. I figgited with trying to reseat the stupid thing for like 45 minutes, before I finally got it. The screen will display one of the following:

All white if the ribbon is not pluged in at all
                  Black w/ "no vga" or fuzzy black if the ribbon is seated improperly
                  good picture if properly seated.

The only way I found to seat it was to plug into the wall and plug into my spare PC and fidget til I got a desktop. Now, while taking it apart I screwed up the ribbons so I have to order those. AHHHHH.
                  Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
                  Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
                  I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
                  Please help.

Comment

with some soldering and rainbow ribon wire.. you should be able to nix a broken ribbon .. but I'm cheap
                    Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by J187
                      The screen will display one of the following:

All white if the ribbon is not pluged in at all
                      This suggests he could just have the cable "upside down" in the connector(s). I think the conductors are only presented on one side of the cable end, so if you flip it over it might as well not be connected...
                      SeeYa! -Jim-

Comment

Originally posted by STI_FFY
                        This suggests he could just have the cable "upside down" in the connector(s). I think the conductors are only presented on one side of the cable end, so if you flip it over it might as well not be connected...

tried all possible ways of connectiong it with the ribion cable, dont even get any fuzy lines, stripes or any thing else . how would i know if ive blown the vga card???

Comment

Any particular way you got the ribbon cable faster from DigitalWW the second time, I don't wanna wait 3 weeks. Also, anyone know, besides used, where I might be able to buy the part that the cable connects to on the screen, I tried emailing Lillput but i got MailerDemon!
                          Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
                          Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
                          I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
                          Please help.

Comment

just say please.

Comment

Don't have a Lilliput, but had same problem with my no-name screen.

With mine, it seems to be a problem of turning the screen on after the computer is on, or before. If screen on before, then no problem, if screen on after the computer, then I get a white screen. Haven't installed in car yet, so don't know how it will do when hooked up to the PSU on the computer.
                              ----------------------
                              C134 Case
                              VIA EPIA M10000
                              FrodoPlayer
                              iGuidance + GPS
                              7" touchscreen LCD
                              2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
                              - V6 216hp
                              - KYB-AGX adjustable struts
                              - Konei Alloy 17" rims + Pirelli P-Zero's
                              - AEM slotted brakes
                              - AEM CAI