Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell laptop, lilliput screen, and 800x480 resolution, possible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell laptop, lilliput screen, and 800x480 resolution, possible?

I am in the process of putting together a carpc, but am not sure if I will be able to get native resolution on the lilliput with my dell laptop.

I have installed powerstrip, but am not familiar with the exact setup or if it is even possible.

Also, I have read long and hard and could not find a specific enough answer for my particular case.

Thanks.

Originally posted by sivart321
    I am in the process of putting together a carpc, but am not sure if I will be able to get native resolution on the lilliput with my dell laptop.

I have installed powerstrip, but am not familiar with the exact setup or if it is even possible.

Also, I have read long and hard and could not find a specific enough answer for my particular case.

Thanks.
    Go to the advanced options of your display properties and select list all modes. It will tell you whether you can display at that resolution.
    You can also uncheck the option to hide modes that the monitor can't display. Windows won't pick up your Lilliput specifically, but as a default monitor.
    And you want it at 75hz, I believe, not 60hz.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

if you fail finding 800x480 listed under "list all resolutions" button, you may want to try your luck with PowerStrip too.

Comment

I don't even see "list all modes" anywhere

nm, found it... not there :-(

What do I need to do in powerstrip to get it to work?

Comment

Working...
        X