LinITX Auto On?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LinITX Auto On?

Apologies if this has been coverd, I couldnt find anything on it.

After reading Gary's review of the LinITX screen:

http://www.mp3carisma.com/main.php?id=linitx7screen

I am seriously considering going for one insted of the lilliput. The only issue I can see with it is the fact it doesnt do "Auto On" I know the lilliput does this with a mod.

Has anyone managed to do the same for a LinITX screen?
    System:
    256Mb, PIII 533 on a Hyph01 PCI sized mobo (Lan/Sound/GFX)
    M1-ATX PSU
    250GB Hdd

USB:
    Haicom GPS
    Belkin Wireless

Case:
    Installed in an old NTL box, (best thing for it)

Screen:
    LinITX 7"

Just had a thought.

If the power on button is just a switch??

Would it be possible to create a system that just shorts the connections on startup or even use the pc power on pins from the M1-ATX?

Can anyone comment?

ScouseMonkey has pointed out to me that they are currently working on an updated version which has an auto on facility.
    System:
    M1-ATX PSU
    250GB Hdd

USB:
    Haicom GPS
    Belkin Wireless

Case:

Screen:
    LinITX 7"

Comment

there is a lilliput mod using a capacitor to fake press the button. the linITX will be jsut a switch. If you don't want to hack the screen maybe you can hack the remote and use the on/off button on that connected up to something to turn it on.

Comment

i'm thinking of getting an ir transmitter and using girder to send the ir code to turn the monitor on when my pc is started up. this way i dont have to hack any hardware.
        System: AMD Duron 1200+ , 512 MB ram , usb sb mp3+ , Tview 7" touchscreen , M1-ATX PSU , Slot Load iMac DVD-Rom , 40 GB laptop HDD, netgear USB 802.11g

Progress: Installation: 90% Dash fabrication: 80%

Parts Needed: USB GPS

Comment

That is a good idea guys
          System:
          M1-ATX PSU
          250GB Hdd

USB:
          Haicom GPS
          Belkin Wireless

Case:

Screen:
          LinITX 7"

Comment

Is there any place state side to get the screen? The price is nice, but the added $50 in shipping kinda ruins the whole appeal.

Comment

got my Tview (same as the linITX) off ebay. cost me $220 including shipping. came with headreast and dash mounts too.
              System: AMD Duron 1200+ , 512 MB ram , usb sb mp3+ , Tview 7" touchscreen , M1-ATX PSU , Slot Load iMac DVD-Rom , 40 GB laptop HDD, netgear USB 802.11g

Comment

I have been reading that they are not the same... People tell me to search, I go and search for hours on end, and end up with 20 different answers.

I have read that the tview is dim, and people should get the lilliput over the tview. In other threads, people say the linitx is comprable to the xenarc, both of which are superior to the lilliput. I don't know about you, but that doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

i have the Tview and used a constant to momentary relay and hooked it up to my M1-ATX remote amp turn on and its never failed.
                  1990 Jeep Cherokee
                  2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                  2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by sivart321
                    I have been reading that they are not the same... People tell me to search, I go and search for hours on end, and end up with 20 different answers.

I have read that the tview is dim, and people should get the lilliput over the tview. In other threads, people say the linitx is comprable to the xenarc, both of which are superior to the lilliput. I don't know about you, but that doesn't make sense to me.
                    Thje latest T-view (like the cartft and linITX), the liliput and the latest Xenarc are all 400nit brightness. Jus tmake sure you get the latest ones. If in dount, find someone who uses the model you are after and check were they got it from.

They differ in glare (due to touchscreen coating ont he Xenarc),
                    yellowness (see the review on the linITX by confused)
                    and some specs - go read and

Comment

WebDog -
                      what kind of relay did you use, where did you get it? i have the same psu and screen and would be interested in doing a similar mod. did you wire it right into the circuit board of the screen?

Comment

Originally posted by meyer64
                        WebDog -
                        what kind of relay did you use, where did you get it? i have the same psu and screen and would be interested in doing a similar mod. did you wire it right into the circuit board of the screen?
                        ill do a write up later today with photos. the cables that go to the switch i extended and connected the relay to i think wire 4 and 5 ill verify that later when i take pics. i dont have the switch panel conected at all, and i have had no problems.

I got to go install a new head light wiring harness so ill get photos of the auto on after that.
                        1990 Jeep Cherokee
                        2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                        2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by WebDog
                          ill do a write up later today with photos. the cables that go to the switch i extended and connected the relay to i think wire 4 and 5 ill verify that later when i take pics. i dont have the switch panel conected at all, and i have had no problems.

I got to go install a new head light wiring harness so ill get photos of the auto on after that.
                          Please i also have the same screen and psu wpuld be great if you can show some diagrams or pictures of how you set this up.
                          www.vortexleather.com

Comment

Well I started with the constant to momentary circuit, then I connected the relay to the Amp turn on, on the M1-ATX, then the other part of the relay is connected to my power switch wires on my screen it was 4 and 5, so in the circuit top, the blue and red wire to the right go to the power switch, and the red and white to the left go to the M1-ATX.

ANd i dont even have the switch circuit connected at all and its been runing fine.

1990 Jeep Cherokee
                            2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                            2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                            X