Xenarc backligt control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc backligt control

I think it is quite disturbing having to turn up/down the the backligt on my Xenarc every dusk/dawn. Sollutions such as gamma control helps, but I dont think it is enough...
    Is any way to hack the backligt control of a Xenarc?

I would like to be able to control the backligt via the computer, or via any other control (wireing it up with the rest of the dashboard lightning?).
    Have anyone done/tried this? Or at least know anything about the wireing of the boards?
    My carputer

Old one

Originally posted by Maņana
    I think it is quite disturbing having to turn up/down the the backligt on my Xenarc every dusk/dawn. Sollutions such as gamma control helps, but I dont think it is enough...
    Is any way to hack the backligt control of a Xenarc?

I would like to be able to control the backligt via the computer, or via any other control (wireing it up with the rest of the dashboard lightning?).
    Have anyone done/tried this? Or at least know anything about the wireing of the boards?
    I guess you could lower the power going to the inveter. I would not mess around with the inverter output as it's like 600V.

You could set up a resistor circuit hooked up to the input that it activated when you turn on your sidelights (use the dimmer wire on your car stereo loom).

Come to think of it i think someone already tried this...hmmm need to do a i think...

Comment

Allready searched, and found nothing. You're also able to change the backlight within the Xenarc display software, so there must be some way of changeing the voltage without messing further with the inverter power, but if nessesary, i guess ill try.
      My carputer

Old one

Comment

Originally posted by Maņana
        Allready searched, and found nothing. You're also able to change the backlight within the Xenarc display software, so there must be some way of changeing the voltage without messing further with the inverter power, but if nessesary, i guess ill try.
        well yeah there must be a way but i wouldnt want to mess with the controller in case it fries it. I am a firm beliver in K.I.S.S (Keep it simple stupid) as i have more experience with electrical circuits than electronic ones.

and i am pretty sure i saw a thread were someone did it using the power to the inverter. again

Comment

Oh look, i did a simple search for "backlight dimmer" and found this second thread down:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...cklight+dimmer

I must be amazing!

Comment

Thx =) I've allready posted there But thanks anyway Does seem like they have stoped their research though...
            My carputer

Old one

Comment

Working...
            X