RX8 owner needs advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX8 owner needs advice

Hey guys, i bought a 05 rx-8 and am wondering since i dont have the navi and cant get it installed i need some advice

i need your help. i want to get a carputer set up for navigation and mp3s/dvd whatever but the thing thats got me thinking is i dont know whats the best thing to do?

I like the OEM navi that comes with the rx-8 and how it flips up on the dash, but i think it would we very tough to pull that off (keeping it looking like it were OEM)
    or i could replace or move around my stereo to put in the lcd there like most new cars have them....but again..my stereo controls the HU where i can check temp, air conditioning details, etc...if i take out the stock stereo my HU is no longer functional

heres a pic of someone who modded his stock navy to play movies
    http://www.rx8club.com/attachment.ph...chmentid=33118
    the HU is right there just below where the screen flips open

look around the forums, maybe in the 'show of your project' forum, I remeber there was a thread from another 8 owner who had a setup, if I remeber correctly he ran into interesting problems the way the stock radio was wired or something
    My Install

Software:
    CFiG v1
    iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
    Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
    StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

you can probably tap into the stock stereo system if you have cd changer with about $20 in parts... Actually i have all the parts laying around somewhere if you want them. I bet you can have a really clean lookin install since that car has a spot already made for a screen. I see you're in so cal, pm me if you want to check out my system.
      New System in progress:
      M10k
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
      Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
      Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
      Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
      My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Hey MercXP,

I'm in the same situation as you with my non-navi RX8. I've decided to get the top of the dash fabricated, to keep the time/air-con display that is already there and add a screen where the usual navi is. We don't get navi here in Australia.

There is a Mazda OEM part that would allow for a screen to be placed where the navi usually is. I'll have my PC in the boot with a Touchscreen Xenarc in the dash. Someone has the same setup here: http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.ph...ht=screen+tray

Goodluck,
        Mark

Comment

might want to read this also. canzoomer was great for me.

beers
          rx-8, vstrom
          come to orlando 3 out of 4 hurricanes prefer us

Comment

might want to read this also. http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=54492 canzoomer was great for me.

beers
            rx-8, vstrom
            come to orlando 3 out of 4 hurricanes prefer us

Comment

our SEMA demo car had his screen put were you want it, here is a few pics... I can give you a shop name in Los Angeles if you need it too:

Comment

what front end is that?
                New System in progress:
                M10k
                Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
                Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
                Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
                Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
                Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                My Boat Pc worklog

Comment