Lilliput 7" Tried Everything! Argh!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput 7" Tried Everything! Argh!

I have tried everything to get my Lilli to work :-( I have tried the drivers that come with it, tried the version 4.0.0.1103 beta drivers dated 11/03/04 I have tried the several dated in between as well with no luck. In between each install/uninstall, I reboot, run regedit and remove any reference to the touchkit and I also remove anything related to touch in the system32 directory. Yet when I plug the darn thing in, it says usb device recognized, but fails to install it. I try to manually install the driver by pointing it to the install folder and it still will not recognize it. I tried this on my shuttle carpc, laptop and my desktop.. Any ideas or am I going to have to pay the darn shipping to return this thing?
    2005 4Runner Sport V8
    CarPC:Shuttle st62k, P4 2.40ghz, 512 ddr400, 160gb HD, Panasonic Slot Load cdrw/dvdrom, TerraTec Aureon 5.1 USB sound, 802.11G, Sprint PCS Vision Internet

try to install the drivers first making sure that the lilliput is not connected, once the drivers are installed connect the lilliput and the comnputer wil reconise the touch screen and you will be promted to comlete the instaltion.
    Lilitput 7" touch screen :-( , Epia -M 256ddr, Opus150w,

Comment

Have tried that..... It prompts me that the drivers arent digitally signed.. blah blah.. i reboot then connect it up. Same procedure you have to do with some other usb devices.... :-*(
      2005 4Runner Sport V8
      CarPC:Shuttle st62k, P4 2.40ghz, 512 ddr400, 160gb HD, Panasonic Slot Load cdrw/dvdrom, TerraTec Aureon 5.1 USB sound, 802.11G, Sprint PCS Vision Internet

Comment

when it says they aren't "digitally" signed.. there should be an option to "install anyway" ..

you could try the Tview drivers.. they use the same touch interface.
        Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

i have the 8 inch lilliput and there were drivers AND software i had to install to get mine to work. the same software you use to calibrate the touch screen. maybe thatll help??
          i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

Originally posted by Getzjd
            Have tried that..... It prompts me that the drivers arent digitally signed.. blah blah.. i reboot then connect it up. Same procedure you have to do with some other usb devices.... :-*(
            so your saying that you really havent really installed the drivers yet.
            Lilitput 7" touch screen :-( , Epia -M 256ddr, Opus150w,

Comment

I click yes to agree to installing even though they arent digitally signed I have installed the touch screen software as well. I will search for the tview drivers and try those when I get home from work tonight. Do you have DL link for them?

Eskalad... I imagine you have a win2000_Xp folder or similar with the install files in it. What is the most current date on those files... more specifically the driver file? As I said, I have tried everything from the current 11/05 drivers back to 2003
              2005 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Try it another machine. If that works, reinstall Windows on the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Getzjd
                  ... I tried this on my shuttle carpc, laptop and my desktop.. ..
                  I have tried on 3 machines... a shuttlePC, IBM thinkpad r32 and a home built desktop. All take a gigantic dump on me with the exact same error no matter what version of drivers I use. They all prompt me to install the unsigned drivers.. which I agree to. When I go to system32 folder to delete the touch screen driver for the next reinstall.. it is there and installed. I know the drivers are getting installed. However, rebooting and plugging in the USB cable just yields the error message of unknown device, to which I cannot even manually point it to the driver..
                  2005 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Is it possible that there is something wrong with your TS cable? I hear there is something wrong with some of the connectors. Try disconnecting and reconnecting several times at the connector.
                    Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

I will give that a shot however the PC does recognize that a USB device is plugged in.. it just doesnt know what it is either automatically or when I point it directly to the drivers! argh.. It started as a simple USB install!! I am starting to think after 3 different machines, and numerous different versions of drivers, that I may have a bad lilli ... I am going to check the connector tonight and see if i can find the tview drivers mentioned above.
                      2005 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

I hope you get it working soon. I can't wait to see how your install turns out. We're starting to get a nice group of 4th gen runners in here now.
                        2004 4runner

Comment

My install should be almost identical to yours rando. .. in-dash lilli... amp under seat. Going to mount my little shuttle PC somewhere in trunk. Slot loading dvd player in armrest. GPS run out back to top of vehicle. Will probably have some sort of wireless mouse/keyboard. Usb Hub in glove box
                          2005 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

are you using xp?

If it's not working on 3 computers you have one of two problems:
                            1. Cable is jacked up (not likely)
                            2. You are not installing it correctly (very likely)

I suggest you use xp rollback feature to rollback to a date before you even tried installing the Screen

Then you proceed with these steps:

install the second from newest beta drivers using setup.exe (11/03 i think) WITH THE LILLIPUT FULLY DISCONNECTED (no vga, no usb). Turn off the computer and connect the Lilliput (both vga and usb). Now windows will say it found a new device and the new device wizard will appear. Click install automatically (it should automatically do the drivers itself, if it doesnt then direct it to the folder). Everything should be working now.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, MAKE SURE THE BETA DRIVERS YOU USE ARE YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM. I was having trouble with my lilli after i reformatted until i finally realized i was using the Win2k drivers and not the xp ones

Comment

I will try the system rollback tonight. I deal with this type of crap on a daily basis as a consultant so I am used to seeing people install stuff wrong. I know the most recent drivers came from http://www.egalax.com.tw/support-drivers.htm version 4.0.0.1103. for 2000/xp I believe know the correct order of install.... Install drivers, agree to continue installation when prompted for unsigned drivers, reboot, plug in USB cable. I keep getting the error that the device is not recognized.
                              2005 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Working...
                              X