http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...products_id=42

ok am i corect in assuming this native is 800*600

the Xenarc 800TSV 8" is only 640*480

800*600 native would look mutch better i think

-Pete
    Pete Kastner www.KastNERD.com

The recommend resolution of the 8" Lilliput is 640*480

Comment

dose that mean its the native? or just recomended?

640*480 would make everything bigger and fit less
      Pete Kastner www.KastNERD.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zip-Lock
        The recommend resolution of the 8" Lilliput is 640*480
        My 8" Lilliput is 800x600 native and looks great. It 'recommends' this resolution on the back of the monitor.
        Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
        Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
        Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

Comment

can anybody provide me with the dimensions of the 8" monitor once it's removed from the case?
          Thanks
          Stop Buying New Music CD's.
          Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Originally posted by chut
            can anybody provide me with the dimensions of the 8" monitor once it's removed from the case?
            Thanks
            I posted awhile back on this with pics: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41042
            Remember AllAdvantage From 7 years ago? IT IS BACK! Now under a new name Agloco
            GET PAID TO SURF THE INTERNET

Comment

Awesome, I think I can fit this in my center console. Do you think the monitor is bright enough? Is yours the lili or the xenarc?

Originally posted by Rundell
              I posted awhile back on this with pics: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41042

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

I have the lilliput, I still havn't got it installed in my car yet. Need to finishing molding it in. I do think tho overall its much better then the 7" one, even seems better built too.

Comment

I have a 7" brand new one I was going to mold into my center console but was wondering how much bigger the display would be if I bought an 8" instead...one of my peaves is the size of the icons on the desktop on all but 640 X 480.....

Originally posted by Rundell
                  I have the lilliput, I still havn't got it installed in my car yet. Need to finishing molding it in. I do think tho overall its much better then the 7" one, even seems better built too.

Comment

Wow, it looks like there's a lot of space in there. Maybe I will remove my lilliput from it's case and mount it more permanently in my dash. I was going to build a nice shroud around the existing case so that I didn't have to dismantle the monitor at all. But if I could make it take up less space, I can make the shroud smaller and more visually appealing (it'd be kind of chunky if it's big enough to surround the entire monitor case).

Comment

I have a 7" brand new one I was going to mold into my center console but was wondering how much bigger the display would be if I bought an 8" instead...one of my peaves is the size of the icons on the desktop on all but 640 X 480.....
                      I remember seeing pictures somewhere (can't remember if it was here or else where) that had the 7" and the 8" side by side. If my 8" lilliput was put togther I would take a pic for you with one of my 7". If you want I can take a pic anyways, they just won't be on.

Comment

Things are still pretty small at 800x600. Icons will be clickable but a dedicated front end with large buttons is definitely called for... I'm going to try using Media Center myself. Or failing that, I'll write a front end that isn't in .NET and doesn't take 15 seconds to start and use 50-100Mb of memory...

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, I just measured my new center piece and determined I can't use the 8" but I still have my 7" to mount so I guess thats what I'll be using.

Comment

Resolution?

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I am looking to purchase my 8" and noticed that the description says resolution is 921600 pixels (1024 x 768 dots).. that doesn't really add up I have emailed the seller but hoping I'll get a quicker reply on here..

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....762710186&rd=1

If it is only 800x600 I'm gonna have to rewrite my software (woo.. fun.. )

Cheers all,

Tim.

Comment

It is either 800x600 or 640x480 depending how new it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X