Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newision (Lilliput) 7" LCD useless on day-light

Hy!

I recently purchased brand new Newision 7" LCD monitor NW618TVT (http://www.newision.com/nw619vt.htm) which looks exactly the same like Lilliput (probably there only a brand name is different). This is my first LCD in my car but I can say I am really disappointed about using it in day-light (if it is sunny, you don't see anything, on cloudy day it's little better but still bad).
    I wonder if all of lcd monitors are so bad in day-light or Xenarc is some kind better? I don't know what is a problem (maybe a touchscreen foil), because I can see myself in the monitor almost like in the mirror. And if I compare picture from standard lcd (15" or 17" at home) or lcd from my camera or mobile phone, they are really sharp and clear... but not this one.

Another thing... yesterday we tried to connect Samsung 15" LCD (510N) and I was impressed of really huge picture But I don't have so many space in my car (I want to integrate it). But I still think I will sell my 7" and buy some larger (maybe 8" or 10"). 15" is to big:

And I can say I am impressed using touchscreen, so next monitor must have this.

What do you thing it would be the best choice?

http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...products_id=54
    http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...products_id=55

What is important specification that lcd is bright on day-light too (contrast ratio, brightness?). Here are some data comparison between standard 15, 17 or 19" LCD and Lilliput 7" one:
    System: VIA EPIA EN15000,512 MB DDRII,M2-ATX,300GB HDD,XENARC 1020TSV,VoomPC case
    USB: Powermate,WinTV+FM,WLAN 54G,Bluetooth,Haicom GPS mouse SIRFIII
    Software: Windows TinyXP Rev06+MinLogon+EWF+HORM+Centrafuse 1.2
    Honda delSol project
    CarDomain

No, maybe I wrote in the wrong way. I see the screen, but when it's very bright outside (sunny day), you hardly see anything on the lcd. Do you think that touchscreen is reason for that, because it looks like something is on it that reacts like a mirror?
    What about Xenarc (Upgraded High-Brightness CCFL)? Are the specifications between 8" and 10" touchscreen the same (specially for brightness and things like that)? Does anyone has 10"?
    System: VIA EPIA EN15000,512 MB DDRII,M2-ATX,300GB HDD,XENARC 1020TSV,VoomPC case
    Honda delSol project
    CarDomain

Comment

Without. 280 with. I'm pretty disappointed with my new 8" Lilliput in sunlight. I'm looking to mount it inside a shroud to see if that helps.
      Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
      Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
      Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

Comment

do you have a picture of the 8" during the day inside the car ?? I really dont want to make the wrong choice here
        Ranger is gone, in with the new

02 Lincoln LSE
        Audio/Video In The Works

Comment

Hey nice man, it is great see a fellow soler on here i have a 93 si captiva blue,
          sry really cant answer your question but nice car from what i can see, are you on SS
          S.M.A.R.T. car project is on its way
          car of the future, you will all see

Comment

So, if you compare lcds avaialable on the market what should I choose (I already have 7" Newision=Lilliput), I heard Xenarc is a little better in the sun (I don't mean direct sun, only a bright sunny day), what about 10.4 Allbrite touch?

If I am right only 7" is in 16:9 (or 15:9) format? 8" and 10" are all in 4:3 right?

Thanks!
            Honda delSol project
            CarDomain

Comment

Where can you get the 10.4 Allbrite touch screens from? I never found anywhere selling them.
              Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
              Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
              Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

Comment

no one does sell then allbrite anymore, it has not been made in over 3 years and the panel that is in it, the nec nl8060bc26-17 is not made anymore either. If you search hard and ask around you can find a seller. Your best chance is here, I have gotten two here.
                My Install

Software:
                CFiG v1
                iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
                Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
                StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

I heard about "10.4 Allbrite touch" only in people's signatures, that's why I asked about it... but I am new member and I don't know much about lcds, except standard ones (15", 17") and Lilliput and now Xenarc. If you compare Allbrite, can it be compared to Xenarc (quality, brightness on day-light)? Which one is better? Does Allbrite have video inputs and VGA too? How much is resolution?

I didn't saw any 16:9 or 15:9 format lcd with touchscreen and VGA over 7" (all of them are 4:3), am I right?
                  Honda delSol project
                  CarDomain

Comment

I found another touchscreen lcds with contrast ratio 300:1 on ebay, what do you think about it (if you compare to Xenarc - for now, the best for viewing in day-light)? The price is somekind cheap, obviusly lcd is cheap quality too?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...175687859&rd=1
                    Honda delSol project
                    CarDomain

Comment

If I compare all your replies and opinions I like Xenarc 800TSV the most. It's bigger than 7", with touchscreen, vga and has better brightness. Just one thing is there I would like to ask. On Xenarc online shop I found this thing:

http://www.xenarcdirect.com/detail.a...ID=UltraBright

Is this integrated in 700/800TSV (in specifications it's written Ultra Hight Brightness...)?

Where should I look around for the best price and I'm from Europe...

Regards!

Uros
                      Honda delSol project
                      CarDomain

Comment

Originally posted by urosbe
                        Where should I look around for the best price and I'm from Europe...

Regards!

Uros
                        Try http://shop.mini-itx.de/.

Comment

isn`t there a problem with the screen it self?

There are not many people complaning about it, and most people use
                          that screen (me included)

Comment

Are you talking about Xenarc 800TSV? Many people have problems with Lilliput too, but I don't, except that it's hard to see anything if the is sunny day (and the summer is coming), touchscreen and everything else is working great!
                            Honda delSol project
                            CarDomain

Comment

i just started road testing my carputer and found that the default brightness setting on an epia m10000 with a lilliput is almost impossible to see in indirect sunlight. All I had to do was go into the advanced monitor settings and decrease brightness a bit and crank up the contrast. Now i can see everything just fine even at around sunset (and I live in Arizona where there's almost never clouds)

Comment

Working...
                              X