Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lilliput 7" Cable help needed. (Bad 9pin DIN)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput 7" Cable help needed. (Bad 9pin DIN)

I recieved my new Lilliput Model 629GL-70NP/C/T just last week and the 9 pin DIN connector has gone bad (lost 2-4 wire connections internally, Not pins).

I want to cut it out and splice/solder the wires back together. Can some one with the same cable use an Ohm meter and tell me which pins to connect together. Just keep your 9 pin Din hooked together and test for continuity between the tan connector that hooks to the lilliput and the Vga/ USB connectors on the other end.

Thanks for any help, I really want to use this new toy

This is the monitor

Here is the cable with the problem:

The monitor end plug:

The VGA connector

The USB connector

Please just fill in the blanks: Updated 3/29/05 I think this is it now
    Blue Numbers-----Red Numbers(VGA)--Green numbers(USB)--Notes
    1--------------------3
    2--------------------2
    3--------------------1
    4 Video2+ ------------N/A --------------N/A
    5 Video 1 +-----------N/A --------------N/A
    6----------------------------------------3
    7 Audio 1 +-----------N/A---------------N/A
    8--------------------13
    9---------------------14
    10 --------------------------------1 ground
    11---------------------------------1 ground
    12 Power 12V+--------N/A--------------N/A
    13 Power 12 V+--------N/A-------------N/A
    14---------------------------------------2
    Shield-Grounds --------shield------------shield

Thanks for everyones help!

Mike
    05 MINI Cooper Cabrio "Mac MINI"
    progress 95%- Mac Mini, Lilliput 7" , usb-wifi, Rayming GPS, Route 66,easy cat touch pad, CCAR front end"skinned",P1900 power supply

Da**, i have the samme problem...
    got my screen last week, and already the plug is bad...
    turns the screen almost totally black when it gets the bad connection
    but is it the extension cable (the long one) witch is bad, or the plug, or is it the short cable(with the SKS Jack) ???
    Old car
    http://bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=19433
    New car
    http://bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=42925

Comment

i just wrote the seller i Honkong a mail, hope to get a new cable....
      Old car
      http://bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=19433
      New car
      http://bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=42925

Comment

It is my sks side right at the 9 pin that developed the shorts. The seller from HK said he will send me a new cable and seems very nice. I would really just like this one to work now! I can't stand the wait and I've cut it apart and ready to solder it up. Can anyone help!
        Thanks,
        Mike
        progress 95%- Mac Mini, Lilliput 7" , usb-wifi, Rayming GPS, Route 66,easy cat touch pad, CCAR front end"skinned",P1900 power supply

Comment

Yeah,
          I have a meter and will try to fill in the blanks for what I can. I was missing about 4 wires it seamed like and was affraid some were reading wrong because of being shorted out. New screen so I hesitate to guess and accidently place the 5 volt+ usb wire to a RGB input by accident.

Mike

Comment

Please just fill in the blanks: Updated 3/22/05 What I came up with on my bad cable

Blue Numbers------Red Numbers ------Green numbers --------Notes
            1--------------------3
            2--------------------2
            3--------------------1
            4 Audio + ------------N/A --------------N/A
            5 Input Video 1 +-----N/A --------------N/A
            6----------------------------------------3
            7 Input Video 2 +-----N/A---------------N/A
            8--------------------14
            9----------------------------------------4?----Could be wrong
            12 Power 12V+--------N/A--------------N/A
            13 Power 12 V+--------N/A-------------N/A
            14---------------------------------------2
            Shield-Grounds --------shield------------shield

If someone will do this i would really appreciate it. Please try to confirm what I have here too.

USB pins 1 & 4 unconfirmed
            I think i'm missing one wire going to the vga connector?

Thanks,
            Mike

Comment

This is a good one I do not have an easy answer.... sorry mate. I have replaced an ps2 connection, I very carefull (like you have already started) mapped out the wires to the connector and tested it with my fingers crossed.

My very real suggestion (cause your stuff is more expesive than the touch pad I was playing with) is to wait for the replacement cable and avoid causing damage to any of your parts.
              TruckinMP3
              D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

I've tried hooking up the ones I know and it still does not work.

Comment

Bummer, will you be able to get a replacement cable?
                  TruckinMP3

Read the FAQ!

Comment

yep, a new replacement cable is supposed to be on it's way by airmail. 7 to 14 days maybe. The waiting is killing me. I really wanted to get used to the touch screen and see if I could use it with out a physical keyboard in my car. At least I have time to import all of my music cd into i-tunes while waiting. And the Mac Mini looks good on a 100" screen from my sharp lcd projector!

Mike

Comment

I know waiting sucks my project has been changing/evolving ofer more than 5 years now.
                      TruckinMP3

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Mike, here it is:

Code:
                        Blue Numbers------Red Numbers ------Green numbers --------Notes
                        1-------------------------3
                        2-------------------------2
                        3-------------------------1
                        4 Audio + ----------------N/A --------------N/A
                        5 Input Video 1 +---------N/A --------------N/A
                        6--------------------------------------------3
                        7 Input Video 2 +---------N/A---------------N/A
                        8------------------------13
                        9------------------------14
                        10-------------------------------------------1 (signal ground)
                        11-------------------------------------------1 (signal ground)
                        12 Power 12V+------------N/A--------------N/A
                        13 Power 12V+------------N/A--------------N/A
                        14-------------------------------------------2
                        Shield-Grounds ------------------------Power connector, audio, video connectors ground
                        Please, notice you had 8 blue to red 14. My test shows it goes to 13! And 9 blue goes to red 14.
                        I didn't check all the rest though.

There is no green 4 because it's +5 V.

I have created html table, but couldn't post it here. Here it is http://www.astaltsev.com/CarPC/liliput_cable.htm

Good luck!

Dmitri

Comment

can you buy replacement cables from anywhere? Im planning to butcher mine but ide like a spare for when its out of the car or if i sell it.
                          So far - 1.1ghz athlon 4 Sharp Laptop, 256mb RAM, 20GB HDD, 32MB on board graphics. CDRW/DVD, 600W Boschmann amp, K301 InDash Screen

Comment

Originally posted by joshthepilot
                            No, something is wrong, there has to be a +5V. You have two green 1s. That can't be.
                            Well, I checked several times (even though it was 2AM). Why is that there "has to be a +5V"? Do you know what voltage touchscreen controller uses? And BTW it is now part of one big PCB, not a separate board (I think in previous Liliput it was on a separate board).
                            Yes, two green 1s, because it's ground. Nobody complains about two +12Vs
                            Notice - THERE IS NO shield connection between USB, VGA and monitor 14 din connectos. I don't know why, but there isn't.
                            I first noticed this when I was powering my Lilliput from separate power supply - not from PC's 12V. If you don't connect USB cable to PC - image is flickering. Bad ground.
                            Do you have such cable? Please, check it. I also want to make my own cable, because this one doesn't look solid. So I am interested in truth of the pinout also

Dmitri

Comment

I don't have Liliput here with me now, but I just remembered taht 10,11 and shield on 14 pin din are all together.
                              So it's not "duplicate ground for usb" - just one more ground TO Liliput that is common with USB ground.

Touchscreen works from 12V, because when monitor is connected to 12V and USB, but turned off by power button (sits in standby mode) - when you turn monitor back on - Windows finds a new USB device.

Dmitri

Comment

Working...
                              X