15" Dell Touch Screen $399

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15" Dell Touch Screen $399

I've been doing my research for a while now and finally decided to go with this dell 15" for my Dodge Ram install. Got mine for $399 on sale. Had it about a week now and can't wait to put it in. If you have the room and run an inverter I highly recommend this screen. It only pulls 24 watts (27 max) so if you are running a dc-dc power supply you could pick up a small inverter for cheap.

Click here for the link

There is a hard to notice tab under the picture for Detailed Specs. The brightness is 208 cd/m˛, not that bad for the 15" size. It is 110 volts though. It was designed for point-of-sale retail solutions, tested to over 35 million touches at a single point, so it's very durable. I'm glad I went with this screen over the 7 inch.

Comment

let me know how your install goes. pics, remarks on quality, etc.
      Mobile Celeron 1.6GHz 30W,ASUS P4S800-MX, Audigy 2, Kingston DDR266 256MB

Comment

has anyone tried it with a Mac Mini?

Comment

Mounting

Might be a problem with mounting. I have not been able to find a gooseneck VESA mounting arm at all.

I'd like to see a 10" touchscreen LCD that doesn't cost $500. Something with a better brightness could help too.

15" is too big IMHO for the front of my Grand Prix. A screen this big would not be very practicle to most users.

-LAKORAI

Comment

Ohhhhh that’s big . That wouldn’t fit snuggly in the dash of my car. Probably have to cut out an airbag or two :P
            BenjaminS