Lilliput Flickering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput Flickering

Ok guys this screen stopped working about 1.5-2 months ago and i sent it to Armen who replaced both the main board and the touch poanel on the screen. When I got it back it worked good for about 10 minutes, but after that it started flickering and shifting things on the screen all over the place. If i leave the screen unplugged from power for about 10 minutes and then plug it back in and start using it, it will work for about 5 minutes before it starts flickering again.... any ideas on what could be wrong, I havent been able to get ahold of Armen to ask him.
    Debating on installing a carpc in my Jeep.....

is it possible that the lilliput AC adapter could cause this flickering, because right now im on my sisters laptop in my car with the lilliput hooked up using the 12V adapter instead of the 120V AC adpter like i was using and the screen doesnt seem to be doing anything wrong

Comment

ok when i finish testing out here, ill take it inside and hook it up to a video source and test those

Comment

ok so when i was outside, and hooked the screen up to my sisters laptop using the 12V adapter for the screen, The screen didnt flicker at all... but when i broguht it back inside and used the laptop with the same settings i used outside, but with the 120V AC adapter, the screen started flickering...

Does that mean its a problem with the adapter? And if so why would that happen? because i got both the AC and 12V adapter when i bought the screen

Comment

yes it flickers with both video 1 and 2

Comment

alright, then any idea why that adapter wouldnt be working properly?

Comment

ok another question... i hooked the screen up to a car battery that i had extra and brought it inside and hooked it up to my carpc and it started flickering again, now i kno it could possibly be the pc, but could a weak 12v car battery cause this flickering as well?

Comment

ok... what it does is kinda hard to explaint, but ill try...

it starts out going regular brightness to getting real bright in the center, then the whole screen is almost white, then it goes black, then it starts "flickering" kinda like when you videotape a computer CRT monitor and watch the video on your tv screen... kinda a vertical rotating flashing sorta

Comment

ill try and determine if my carpc is causing the problem or the weak battery is causing the problem later today

Comment

ok... i used the laptop i have and hooked it up to my screen... for one test i hooked the screen up using my old and dying 12v car battery and for the other test i used my cigarete lighter in my car... now as soon as i hooked the screen up to the old battery the screen began flcikering like it has been, but in my car it didnt flicker at all...

so im guessing that the problem is not with the screen, but with the power sources ive bee trying to use... solution? use a good 12v power source lol i guess

any other things to try to be sure its not the screen? lemme kno

Comment

hopefully im gonna go on a semi-long drive soon so ill drag my sister along and make her have her laptop and sit there and see if the screen messes up at all

Comment

Working...
                      X