Newb Question: VAT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb Question: VAT

I noticed that there are usually two prices listed for lcds. one with and without a VAT. what is the VAT exactly and is it a necessity?

I think that might stand for Value Added Tax. Sort of a luxury tax, if I understand it correctly.
    7" Innovatek 7002S - 900Mhz Abit KT7A mobo - 120Gb boot drive - 180Gb secondary drive - Mini-ITYPE2 keyboard - USB wireless mouse - Deluo 201 GPS - Vector 750W inverter

Comment

If it's a uk site you've been looking on, then it's Value Added Tax. Like a luxury tax but charged on about three quarters of every product for sale in the UK! Dammit...

Comment

so if i'm buying from norway, i will not have to pay the VAT on the product?

dr_k

Comment

VAT (value added tax) is the european equivalent of the american sales tax and added to products at sale time, however the difference is, everywhere pays it, where america only charge it for sales to that state.

Comment

Originally posted by dr_k
            so if i'm buying from norway, i will not have to pay the VAT on the product?

dr_k
            No you will not have to pay VAT as Norway is outside of the EU.

You will have to pay the local tax at the point of entry into Norway.

: Jetway J7F2 1.5Ghz Mainboard : Cubid 3688 : CarNetix CNX-P1260 :
            : Netgear 802.11g PCMCIA : 2 x LinITX 7" Screens :
            : BU353 USB GPS Mouse : Panasonic UJ845 DVDRW :

Comment

Working...
            X