Question for those that put together their Lilly motorized enclosure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for those that put together their Lilly motorized enclosure

I got my motorized enclosure yesterday, but I'm lost on how exactly to connect the extra yellow cable that comes with the enclosure. Armen's instructions show a cable with four wires, while mine has 5 (1 red, 4 yellow). I already soldered the connections onto the Lilly controller, but I just need to know which pin goes to which wire on the controller. Since it's not at all clear from the pictures. I emailed Armen already, but I just wanted to check on here just in case he can't get back to me today.
    EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
    Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
    OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
    Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
    BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
    VoomPC 2

Got mine yesterday as well. When I get to that part try to help if this question has not been answered yet.
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

Comment

Did you guys buy the motirized in dash unit? Or which one did you if its not that.

Comment

the motorized in-dash enclosure for the lilliput's.

Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
        VoomPC 2

Comment

Ok figured out what to do.

In this picture you see the 5 wires (1 red and 4 yellow)
          http://www.digitalww.com/Lilliput_To...h/DSCF4827.JPG

In this picture you see only 4 yellow wires.
          http://www.digitalww.com/Lilliput_To...h/DSCF4828.JPG

I am assuming you don't need the red and you can cut it off. Armen please correct me if I am wrong.
          Aura MR62 (F and R)
          My Current MP3s
          IamDefiler.com

Comment

yeah, but which yellow wire goes to what wire on the controller board? well, it won't matter for me anyway because something happened to my controller board. i must have screwed something up because when I put it back together the screen came on for a second then died. I don't even get a signal to the buttons which tells me my controller board died. Everything was working last night (except the screen obviously since I didn't have the controller cable hooked up). i'll have to see if Armen is selling any spare controllers now... to anyone planning to get this enclosure: I recommend letting Armen do it since he's done it a number of times already.

Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
            VoomPC 2

Comment

Using the inverter is not really necessary. What I started doing is just extending the backlight wires by 250mm. This makes the install much easier. I don't have any pictures at the moment but it is easy to do. Make sure that the wire is similar to original backlight wires are.

Armen
              http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

yeah, that's what I was wondering?? why they have an inverter in there if the cable just needs to be extended. so now, my question is.... how can I be sure what the problem is with my screen? if the buttons don't receive any power (checked the ribbon cable with a volt meter and nothing is coming through) is it safe to assume the controller is gone?

Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
                VoomPC 2

Comment

I have a question for you guys...

Is the cable from your original Lilliput as long as the one in this picture?

http://www.digitalww.com/Lilliput_To...h/DSCF4879.JPG

Mine is nowhere near that long and it doesn't reach to the opening of the back of the case.
                  Aura MR62 (F and R)
                  My Current MP3s
                  IamDefiler.com

Comment

This is your best bet. This happens very often so you might still be fine. Also check the fuse to see if it is still ok.

Originally posted by joshthepilot
                    The ribbon between the controller and the buttons is a little small for the buttons side. You have to slide it over to one side. Also, if you put it in upside down (pins on other side) it will not work. You can do this while power is plugged into the controller and slide it around till you see the red standby light. Becareful not to reverse the direction of the button board then what the original case held.

Comment

The cable pictured comes with new lilliputs. Some of the old ones might be a little shorter. However I think all cables should be able to reach the back of the housing. I can send you a new one along with your T Panel.

Armen
                      Originally posted by Defiler
                      I have a question for you guys...

Is the cable from your original Lilliput as long as the one in this picture?

http://www.digitalww.com/Lilliput_To...h/DSCF4879.JPG

Mine is nowhere near that long and it doesn't reach to the opening of the back of the case.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalww
                        The cable pictured comes with new lilliputs. Some of the old ones might be a little shorter. However I think all cables should be able to reach the back of the housing. I can send you a new one along with your T Panel.

Armen
                        That would be great. Could you please add more pictures too? I see a red wire that got soldered on one of the cards and I don't know which spot it got soldered to. I thought there was going to be little to no soldering and there is a lot more than I was lead to believe. I suck at soldering and I know I'm gonna be up ****s creek and in more debt before this is screen is done.
                        Aura MR62 (F and R)
                        My Current MP3s
                        IamDefiler.com

Comment

If you are just extending the backlight cable then there is very little soldering. I am sure you can do it. I will try to start on the guide ASAP because a lot of you are starting to receive the hosings.

I will send you the cable tomorrow.

Armen
                          Originally posted by Defiler
                          That would be great. Could you please add more pictures too? I see a red wire that got soldered on one of the cards and I don't know which spot it got soldered to. I thought there was going to be little to no soldering and there is a lot more than I was lead to believe. I suck at soldering and I know I'm gonna be up ****s creek and in more debt before this is screen is done.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalww
                            I will send you the cable tomorrow.
                            Along with the TS?
                            Aura MR62 (F and R)
                            My Current MP3s
                            IamDefiler.com

Comment

no, it's not the ribbon cable. i've fought with it before... and checking the connector with a volt meter there's no signal going through at all. looks like it's the fuse (right next to the DC plug, right? 1A KOAC??). 12V going in, nothing coming out... what are my options? where can I find a replacement for this fuse? I did a preliminary search and didn't find much. Not really sure what to look for either besides a 1A fuse. Is KOAC the manufacturer? Thanks.

Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
                              VoomPC 2

Comment

Working...
                              X