fried lilliput?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fried lilliput?

I was installing my screen into armen's new motorized in dash housing. And I think the stand offs inside were to low and my board was touching part of the casing. So of course when I turned it on the power light blinked on for a second and then that was it. I haven't been able to get any life from it since.

Does anyone know a cheap solution to fix this?

I allso got a dead board

Hi,

I installed using option #2 as described in digitalww howto.

I got no light, no power. Nothing.

So far I only hav echecked that the 1amp fuse is still working.

Did you get yours fixed? What did it take?

Comment

Originally posted by zherlock
      Hi,

I installed using option #2 as described in digitalww howto.

I got no light, no power. Nothing.

So far I only hav echecked that the 1amp fuse is still working.

Did you get yours fixed? What did it take?
      First off, fix the short and check the fuse to see if it went. When checking power start at the source, example is the DC source good, power pluged in, is the fuse OK?

Zherlock check the ribbon cable going to the buttons thats what caused my problem, no light, no power, nothing.

Good luck guys.
      Mike
      "Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?"
      Bob Marley

Comment

Fuse Fixed, Power on ControlBoard, still black LCD

I soldered on a glass fuse, quick 1Ampere. Works like a charm.
        FOund what 13 pins out of 14 is used in ribbon cable, fixed..

I now got power on Control Board/buttons. I allso have 12 volt going to the inverter, when I press Power On I allso see 5V going to the inverter.

Still, the LCD is totally black. I have checked the 40pin ribbon, all pins are good. I do not however know if this ribbon might be wrongly connected.. But then I should atleast get a white screen ?

THe LCD is black. Where should I start looking. And please notice, as meantion in my last post.. I am using the supplied inverter.. the external one. Not the one integrated on the VGA controller. How do I check to see if its working?

I see some on the forum have replaced the small PCB on the back of the LCD.. what component should I check on this PCB?

Please Advice, thanx!

Comment

you probably blew the inverter if it's getting voltage in and no voltage out.

Comment

How to check if inverter is gone, and correct mount of new

How do I check my inverter?

I had the inverter mounted on the IH002 "frame" under the LCD screen. I guess this frame leads electronic signals and might have shortened the ivnerteres solder points on it's back. Should I mount it using double sided thick tape next time?

Comment

Lilliput back up and running

I checked my external inverter using Oscilloscope.
              Found it to deliver only 250mV, when should be delivering several hundred Volts (?)

Anyways, I reassembled the small thingy on the vga controller to reenable the onboard Inverter. With success. I now have power on both controller and LCD screen! I allso get picture on the screen.

All I need now is to find where to order correct cables to extend power going from inverter to monitor. As described here: http://www.digitalww.com/Lilliput_To...SCF5313sml.jpg , as part of the digitalww.com howto: http://www.digitalww.com/MotorizedIndash_HowTo.html

Thanx for all support so far ! I will get this operating within the week!

Comment

i have used the motorized mount with 2 lilliput lcds and have destroyed both lcds. i will never touch the thing again. if anyone wants to buy it cheap, please PM me.

Comment

You want to sell the mount or the LCD'S?

Comment

I had a similar problem with my lili when I tooking it apart and put it back together. If you smelled burning electronics when u did it you are prolly SOL. Otherwise I would check all my connections (ribbon cable is a real biotch) to make sure they are in all the way. If that fails to work I would start messing with it while it was on to see if i could get life out of it. Moving wires around ect. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X